CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Traction Control Problems

shelbymm

My 96 ETC's Traction Control and Anti-Lock Brake lights have within the last week have started to simultaneously come on together. Also, when braking under normal conditions, there is a pulsating in the brake pedal similar to that when braking hard. I do need new front pads, so I thought that may be the problem. THe car has 127K miles. Is there a recommended time period for changing ALL the fluid in the system??? Also, if so could someone advise an estimated cost of changing the fluid and how labor intensitive it is, I would be forever greatful. Thanks once again.

Sorry...also the computer is storing TC 0033 and 0083 neither of which I am familiar. THanks again

T033 ........................................ RR Wheel Speed Sensor Continuity Fault

T083 ......................................................... Brake Fluid Level Low

T033 - speed sensor is integral with the hub and bearing assembly. Replace hub & bearing assembly.

Is there a recommended time period for changing ALL the fluid in the system???

I make an effort to replace / purge brake fluid every 3 years. This is a preventative must for folks that expect to own the car for longer periods.

Brake fluid (DOT 3) will absorb moisture and that moisture will promote corrosion in the most inconvenient places (caliper pistons and bores).

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived