CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

TLC

ByStorm

i was at the dealer today and they have just about 1 of everything. I couldn't help but wonder, why didn't they make the 5.7 eng available for the XLR. Heck, it looks like a Cadillac Corvette.

It IS a Cadillac Corvette (built on the C6 chassis I understand). I bet they went with a Northstar because the LS1 or LS2 engine would be overkill for the intended competition. I think the performance objective was merely sub-6 second 0-60 times and some other attributes. With the 320-horse Northstar, the XLR performs pretty equal with its competition (SL500, SC430, etc). Perhaps an XLR-V would bring an LS6 engine...or even a supercharged Northstar! B)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Who wants to buy a Cadillac for $76,000.00 and get a chevy motor in it? Not me.

At first I agreed with you regarding a chevy engine in a $76,000 car. It just seems wrong.

And then I thought about all those fine exotic vehicles sitting in various import shops or owner's back yards - never to run again - due to their exotic (broken) engines. <_<

I would guess they would pay dearly to have a GM/Chevy corvette engine that actually runs - and doesn't require semi-weekly coddling in a foreign language.

I believe that whenever the true cost of vehicle ownership is analyzed per the overall American population's maintenance habits - then GM, Ford and even Chrysler products stand up quite well to their competition.

I'd gladly pilot a XLRette.

:D

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

NO, THANKS A CADILLAC HAS ALWAYS MEANT SOMETHING. THE VERY FIRST V-8 IN 1914, THE FIRST V-16 IN 1930 AND NOW, THE FIRST WITHA CHEBBIE MOTOR IN 2005? NO , THAT JUST AIN`T RIGHT. WHEN YOU OPEN A HOOD ON A CADILLAC, THE MOTOR HAS TO SAY "CADILLAC" ALSO.

Archived