CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Original color

Greven

Hi,

I wonder if ther is anyone that can help me with a photo on a Cadillac from 1958, painted with original Acadian green ? I would like to restore my car to its original color but first it would help to see a car painted with it.

brgds

Greven

This photo, from Wikipedia Commons, may be Acadian Green:

1958_Cadillac_60_Special_rear.jpg

From this paint color sheet, I do think it is Acadian green.

http://paintref.com/paintref/model/green_Cadillac.shtml

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Hey Texas Jim...

I think what you really found was a 1965 Pontiac Acadian. I think it's a rebadged Chevy II or Nova.

Not sure why GM named some of the cars different for Canada....The '70s Chevy Vega was sold in Canada as the Pontiac Astre.

post-2-0-33062000-1378428935_thumb.jpg

oh my god that Fleetwood is Beautiful. That is the 5 star winning cadillac in my book. It is enhanced in every way. What a beautiful car. I would go nuts if I had one like that. The one next to it is very nice also, I was just not too crazy about the pillarless setup on that design. The original acadian green is a very nice color. I think there is more than one though labeled that color. The one on the cadillac is specific possibly

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

oh my god that Fleetwood is Beautiful. That is the 5 star winning cadillac in my book. It is enhanced in every way. What a beautiful car. I would go nuts if I had one like that. The one next to it is very nice also, I was just not too crazy about the pillarless setup on that design. The original acadian green is a very nice color. I think there is more than one though labeled that color. The one on the cadillac is specific possibly

I agree... I would LOVE to have that automobile.

I have always liked that body style.

Posted Image

The blue one next to the Fleetwood appears to be a '69 Hardtop Sedan Deville. The hubcaps are definitely 1969.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I just turned this photo up on Wikipedia and there isn't any real explanation, except that this is an example of a 1958 Cadillac, but it clearly is a car show. If the hub caps on the car next to it are 1969 Cadillac hub caps, it's a 1969 Cadillac.

I found a color chart for Cadillac for various years and linked to it in the post below the picture. The light metallic green is clearly Acadian Green. There you go.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

If the hub caps on the car next to it are 1969 Cadillac hub caps, it's a 1969 Cadillac.

Unless someone put '69 hubcaps on a '70 car.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

My remark is based on the scene, which appears to be a concourse car show; such mix-and-match of model years would be instant disqualification, I would think.

Archived