CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

this car came with..... recodition title

Did they manage to wreck the CTS-V Coupe in the first 1,500 miles?

F630A7CA-F7ED-4E93-9ED1-CD8093935480_5.j

Description:
"Radiant Silver Metallic 2013 cadillac cts v 1700 miles only super nice exterior matched with Light Titanium black leather interior! This sporty coupe is loaded with features like AM/FM radio, CD player, satellite radio, AUX input, premium Bose audio, steering wheel mounted controls, navigation system, backup camera with parking assist, OnStar, power heated seats with lumbar and memory, keyless ignition, Xenon headlights, rear air recaro seats super fast ZR1 corvette engine supercharger like new .... and more! this car came with..... recodition title ..... tambien hablo espanol
trade well come .......

Read More: http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4022820879.html

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The power in this car with stock intake and exhaust is truly a stealth "hand of God" that moves the car suddenly, thoroughly, and silently, leaving you in a different part of the road than you expected and moving at a rate of speed that you may not be prepared to deal with, sort of like being teleported from a sedate position on a peaceful road into the driver's seat of another car at a high rate of speed in a part of the road that you haven't seen before. Some people get in a car like that and, when the excitement hits them, they nail it.

It's not uncommon to see supercars with very low mileage wrecked or for sale used. Common problems include a lot of tickets and a driver's license problem, the insurance company saying that they are dropping you (or your young son) after an extravagant speeding ticket or some such, a fearful and frantic wife demanding that you never drive that car again, etc.

I heard tons of stories when I got my 427 Corvette in 1966. That era was far worse because the car came with 6" rims, 15" wheels, and two-ply bias-cord tires. After four days of trying to figure out how to drive it I parked it and ordered a set of Michelins; it was OK with high-performance radials. But I heard stories about new owners who, typically in the first few days of ownership, pulled out to pass on a two-lane road and nailed it, only to find themselves upside down in the middle of the road, no having a clue as to what happened.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

A reconditioned title usually means the insurance company wrote it off as a total loss, someone bought it and restored it back. Since the insurance company totalled the car it has to be titled as such.

May be a good car but you are trusting that it was repaired correctly. Most of the times they are repaired solely for the purpose of flipping it for profit.

Some reasons for a total loss and a reconditioned title;

• wrecked and totalled by insurance co
  • stolen vehicle, later recovered
  • flood or storm damage (car sumerged in water)

Best to do a CarFAX and find out why the car was declared salvage. And, if you can find out who fixed it, that can allay a lot of worries, particularly if you are comfortable about going back to people who know the car if you need to have something hidden fixed. And, the kicker is, does it still have the new car warranty? If it does (doubtful with a salvage title), that is worth something.

The CarFAX will include a summary of what the car is worth, relative to current BlueBook in your locale. With that in hand, you are in a good position to negotiate a fair price that includes risk, lack of GM warranty, and the difficulty in selling any car with a salvage title.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 1 month later...

Archived