CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

6 x 115?

joeb

Why did GM use a goofy, rare, bolt pattern size for the cts-v? Friend has uplander and he is annoyed he cannot find any wheels for it due to odd pattern. I see GM finally went to a more common pattern for the newer cts-v. At first glance I assumed uplander had 6x120 or 127 but not so. Are 6 lugs stronger than 5?

The Caterra, 1997-2001 models, was made by Opel. They started calling it the CTS when the American-made model came out in 2002. I didn't know that they used 6-lug wheels for the early CTS. Which model year do you see a six-lug wheel on?

If you are really hard over, you might consider changing the hubs to ones for a later model with 5-lug wheels.

Yes, six-lug wheels are stronger than 5-lug wheels. But 5-lug wheels have been standard for road vehicles under 5000 pounds since the 1950's.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Yes it's true. The initial run of cts-v cars used 6 lug rims. Tire rack has no listings for uplander or cts-v rims of that vintage. The srx rigs do have 6x115 but am not sure if figment is possible? Backspacing or rim width may be an issue?

Edited by joeb

The CTS is a different car then the Catera. The CTS is made in Lansing.

Pictures of CTS-V 6 lug wheels are easy to find using Google Images.

May simply be a hub bearing and brake rotor swap to change to 5 lug...or the V may be using a beefier axle size. Don't know.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-SRX-CTS-V-STS-V-6-Lug-Front-Wheel-Hub-Bearing-Pair-Set-/130931901687?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e7c2644f7&vxp=mtr

If I did change the hubs, I would use later model CTS-V hubs to make sure that the Brembo brakes work, the wheel offset works with the suspension, etc. The strut axis must pass through the center of the tire patch to prevent dificult steering on braking on rough roads, etc.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

• 2 weeks later...

This might be of some interest--a website devoted to wheel adapter, including 6-lug to 5-lug:

http://adaptitusa.com/6-lugto5-lugadapters.aspx

Here is one that is 6x114.3 to 5x115"

http://adaptitusa.com/6-lugto5-lugadapters.aspx

Maybe adapters will work?

Here is a website that looks to have 6x115 to 5x115. st.

http://www.shop.adapterkings.com/product.sc?productId=16

Just chose the specs in the drop-down list.

I would watch out for the offset of the final hub/wheel assembly. But an adapter should do the trick. I would look at a later model hub from a recycling yard too, because that is more likely to get you an exact fit for the suspension an brakes.

kid had 2k 4wd dakota. just remembered it had that odd 6x114.3 hub. i know some folks go with 114.3 or 115 bolt pattern wheels. i see many post office uplanders around here. they all have steel wheels with no hubcaps and 6x115 wheels

Yeah, center covers can be a bit out-of-place in non-road rocky environments. Like the ruts next to mailboxes lots of places.