CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hey guys need some advice!

I just bought a 2000 deville

130k miles

She came to me overheating (I traded a 95 Camaro that I paid 800 for), the water pump was froze and the seals were busted there was no water, he said he came out one morning, and there was no water, he turned it on, got hot, turned it off and then I paid for it to be towed to my house.

She is NOT overheating now after I did the water pump and all new gaskets and hoses.

My question is, this morning I was driving between 10 - 20 mph for about 10 minutes, and the temp went one notch over half, not anymore and then went back down, is this normal?

This is my first cadillac, or northstar motor, so I don't know the operating temps based on the digital meter.

I don't think I'd worry about one notch over the half way point. If it begins to overheat, then there are some things to check.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

The system doesn't keep air trapped unless the bypass is clogged. Either Logan or I can find you a diagram from the FSM if you can't find it. Start at the surge tank, and look for a small rubber hose that goes into it near the top. The hose at the bottom of the surge tank is large and is the drain into the heater hoses.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 2 weeks later...

The fuel level sensor and the fuel pump are part of the in-tank assembly. I believe that they can be changed separately.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

Congratulations on your success!

Archived