CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillacs racing at Mid-Ohio Saturday Morning

August 2-4, Pirelli World Challenge teams will head to the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course and another big motorsports weekend along with the IndyCar Series. GT, GTS Touring Car and Touring Car B-Spec teams compete this weekend.

Live Timing Schedule

Friday

8:45am

Friday

12:00pm

Friday

4:30pm

Friday

5:30pm

Saturday

11:40am

Saturday

5:20pm

Sunday

1:35pm

Times listed above are based on the Eastern timezone.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The Team Cadillac drivers have had to adjust their CTS-Vs to a SCCA mandated increased engine restriction since the last round at Toronto. The reduced horsepower of the Cadillac 6.2-liter engine has put an emphasis on handling around the 2.2-mile, 13-turn natural terrain Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.

Read More: http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-230130.html

Bruce

Race 2 is today at 1:35 PM ET

Live Coverage 30 min before and through the race: http://www.world-challengetv.com/

Bruce

Race 1 Results:

Team Cadillac took second (O'Connel), fifth (Pilgrim), and seventh (Jordan Taylor, a new face for me). The top seven were within ten seconds at the finish, eighth was almost a minute behind.

A Volvo S60 won. The other Volvo S60 came in fourth. Other competitors in the leading seven were Audi R8 LMS (James Sofronas) and Corvette (Mike Skeen), always among the leaders.

Complete Race 1 results: CLICK HERE

Race 2 Results:

The Volvos came in 1 and 2. Team Cadillac came in fourth (Pilgrim). O'Connel crashed on lap 15 and the newcomer, Jordan Taylor, dropped out with mechanical problems in lap 14. Third was the Audi R8 LMS. Full results CLICK HERE.

We Need a Chassis Upgrade for 2014

It looks like Team Volvo has found their niche: give them a throttle plate and make everybody run on the same Pirelli P Zero Racing Slick and P Zero Racing Rain tires and they seem to have the advantage. Whether the tires, the weather, the course, or the day make a difference, only time will tell. But this weekend's results tell us that we need to move forward from the chassis that hasn't changed since the 2009 model year. The new CTS platform and LT engine won't be used on the CTS-V at the beginning of the 2014 model year, so things may be rough until we get the chassis upgrades online.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived