CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

GMHighTechPerf: Twin-Turbo LF3 V-6

The 3.6L twin-turbo LF3 marks GM’s triumphant return to turbo V-6s. Set to debut in the 2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport midsize sedan and XTS Vsport full-size sedanicon1.png, the LF3 offers an SAE-certified 420 horsepower and 430 lb-ft of torque on premium gasoline. While GM would prefer to compare this engine to its foreign counterparts, such as BMW’s turbocharged 6-cylinders, it is hard not draw comparison to the comparably powered 6.2L LS3 in the ’14 Camaro and SS sedan – much like the LC2 in its day.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Any chance of this powertrain in the ATS?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

This is the ATS-V powertrain, although it is rumored to be tuned up to around 475 hp in that application.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

:bluesbrothers:

Let the good times roll.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

This is the ATS-V powertrain, although it is rumored to be tuned up to around 475 hp in that application.

Then that begs the question... can it be tuned to that level in the CTS and XTS ???

Posted Image

I would think easier to tune the CTS (to those higher levels) as the XTS (in its current form) is already down 10 hp (410 opposed to 420) and one reason the XTS AWD is the only XTS eligible for the TT 3.6 is because of the torque steer concern if it had been only FWD. I'm also thinking that maybe they won't tune the CTS to the 475 engine (at least initially) is to distance itself from the CTS-V when re-introduced. Of course, this is only speculation and conjecture on my part.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

I would think easier to tune the CTS (to those higher levels) as the XTS (in its current form) is already down 10 hp (410 opposed to 420) and one reason the XTS AWD is the only XTS eligible for the TT 3.6 is because of the torque steer concern if it had been only FWD. I'm also thinking that maybe they won't tune the CTS to the 475 engine (at least initially) is to distance itself from the CTS-V when re-introduced. Of course, this is only speculation and conjecture on my part.

My question was more along the line of could it "BE TUNED" to that level, or close to it, by after-market tuners, such as HP Tuners or EFI Live... :)

In other words... buy the CTS with the 420 hp engine, or the XTS with the 410 hp engine and then tune it to be close to the 475 hp output of the ATS...

Posted Image

Archived