CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I have a 1999 Cadillac Deville. When I turn on air condition the vents on inside of car will not open up until maybe 5-10 minutes later. What could be the cause of that and still it seems like it not blowing full speed. Help please

Do you mean the air does not flow from the vents for 5-10 mins.? Does it flow from the defroster vent? If so, the issue may be a leaking vacuum line under the battery or in that vicinity.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Yes . It does not blow from the vents for about 5-10 minutes. The blower is just blowing but nothing comes out for that time and its not blowing out of defroster vent. After I drive car around for awhile then it seems like the vents will open up but by that time I'm burning up with the 90 degree plus heat if you know what I mean.Please help burning up in Ga. I love my car

Are there any codes stored in the onboard diagnostics? The ones that would be relevant would be the ACM codes.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Thanks for the help. I was told this could be a vacuum control unit problem. It is not letting the doors open all the way. We have been troubleshooting the problem. Do this sound right. The Cadillac dealer says the Vacuum Control Unit for this car has been discontinued. Can anyone help me out. Your services would be greatly appreciated.

I would suspect a vacuum leak is causing the issue vs. the control unit. Check all the vacuum connections to make sure they are fully seated and not leaking. If it is the control unit, a junkyard or ebay might be the only solution.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived