CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Speed Limiter

Hi there,

se

I have a Cadillac 2003 sts and I wish to know how to remove the speed limitation that is presently active. It is active because of a fault on the computer that monitors various aspects of the suspension and stability systems. Prior codes can no longer be taken off.

I need to know if the speed limiter can be disabled.

Thank you in anticipation.

....I have a Cadillac 2003 sts and I wish to know how to remove the speed limitation that is presently active. It is active because of a fault on the computer that monitors various aspects of the suspension and stability systems.

Do you have a DIC message that says SPEED LIMITED TO XXX? If so, one or more suspension components need attention. And the trouble codes will point you in the proper direction.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Thank you for your reply Jim. I do get the DIC message Speed Limited to XXX and messages about servicing the suspension and stability systems. However, I have had all of that checked out by a Caddy Dealer and they say it's the "Computer Module" that is faulty. ( They can't clear the DIC's concerning the suspension and stability systems) The module is no longer available. What I would like to know is:- Is there a way of stopping the speed limiter coming in to operation.

Thank you for your reply Jim. I do get the DIC message Speed Limited to XXX and messages about servicing the suspension and stability systems. However, I have had all of that checked out by a Caddy Dealer and they say it's the "Computer Module" that is faulty. ( They can't clear the DIC's concerning the suspension and stability systems) The module is no longer available.

My response to whatever a dealership service adviser might hope you would believe is not fit to print.

A this point we need to know which Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) are causing your message. Here is how you can display those codes:

http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html

Tell us the codes you see that have a "C" prefix.

What I would like to know is:- Is there a way of stopping the speed limiter coming in to operation.

The answer remains the same as in post #2.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

My FSM for the 2003 model year says that if the Service Manager is not functional, to change the Dealer.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

If it actually turns out to be the computer module, I would guess that you could pick one up at a junk yard, or you might even try ebay.

Btw, nicely put about the dysfunctional service manager, Cadillac Jim :D

/Jonas

Edited by hjb981

You could surely find a replacement computer module here: http://www.cadillacheaven.com/

Just from looking at their pictures, they seem to have a lot of both newer and older Cadillacs. I have no personal experience with them, I actually found them just now by "accident" -- I just googled Cadillac Heaven to see what I would find, and that site came up.