CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Angle-Cut Rolled Exhaust Tips

JasonA

I'm hoping someone here can answer this for me. Back in the 1990s, I think all the Sevilles/Eldorados got the straight-cut rolled exhaust tips, like seen here (shameless self-plug):

http://jadcock.oldsgmail.com/cadsls/images/vfeedstore.jpg

I know some of the '98-current Sevilles had the single rectangular tips (like what Dadillac is selling in the For Sale section). I also know that at some point in the last half-decade, Cadillac started putting an angle-cut rolled exhaust tip on the Devilles...and I saw one on an Eldorado today, so I'm thinking they might have put them on Sevilles too. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Probably most, if not all, of the '00-current Deville owners have these. Did they ever put them on Sevilles? I'd like to know...because if I wanted to do anything with the exhaust tips, it'd be to replace them with the angle-cut tips...but they've got to be rolled, like the OE ones are. Anyone know of any aftermarket sources for angle-cut rolled tips? My brother just bought some rolled tips for his C5, but they're straight-cut...just like my OE tips.

Thanks in advance.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

ones that look similar to the camaro z28 rectangular ones? they came on the older seville touring and eldorado touring

No, no. Not rectangular. Angle-cut, but still quad tips. Bad picture, but this Deville has 'em:

http://photos.ebizautos.com/3739/541829_5.jpg

I dont think they would look right on the 92-97 sevilles, because the bumper is not on an angle as much as the newer devilles, they just wouldnt seem to blend in. But thats my .02

I also noticed in the pic of your car jadcock that your power antenna is much higher than mine, in fact I think every Cadillacs power antenna extends higher than mine. The antenna on my sts on goes halfway and everything works fine still.

I enjoy the shorter look of the antenna anyways.

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

Check out MOMO"s website... they have these sweet dual tip pipes, angle cut and square shaped with rounded and rolled edges. They should fit perfectly in the factory holes. A little pricey but awesome none the less. I will post a photo if I ever get mine installed (It's snowing and mine car is clean and dry in the garage and my Dynomax's are an X-mas gift!)

I would look at the tips from CORSA. I don't know if they sell the tips separtely though. They are circular than oval, but they do have the angle tip. A person that lives about two miles from me has an STS with a Corsa on it and the tips look great! :D

STS_closeupsm.jpg

seville.jpg

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

Jason is that your car in front of the feed store, what polish/wax do you use, your car looks incredible there!  Very reflective

Thanks Mike. Yes, that's her. I only use The Wax Shop's Super Glaze. Actually, I used to "only" use that...recently, I've also started to use Turtle Wax's quick wax product after I dry the car. It only takes a few minutes to squirt and buff the whole car after it's clean and it REALLY shines. I really like how the paint feels afterward too. Almost "soft", like silk.

I did the full detail on it this weekend...I took Eagle One Nevr Dull to the exhaust tips and to the wheels and they came out like diamonds. One thing that's still lacking is the wheel wells, and I intend to remove the wheels and re-paint the wheel wells in a few thousand miles...when I've scheduled myself to rotate the tires. :)

Jason

I've always liked the older style tips as opposed to the ones on my 01. I always figured you had to by the muffler assembly to change. I do believe though the 2002/03 & 04 Sevills went back to the dual openings as the 98. Wether there angled or not ... I don't know!

Oh ... nice wax job and as far as mini-vans ... I see that your Seville has 4 doors, probably has child locks too ... (hee, hee)

Jim

I thought that the 01's tips were fair, but their design defied logic. Why on earth would you want to install a plate right slap dab over the flow of the exaust? I guess the baffle helps cut down on noise.

Once you enter the 50k zone, and you are on your own, you can solve little quirks. Often, part of the solution is free, the best way to solve problems.

If you can bone up a pair of the later style tips, this is an option. Sure it aint a Corsa tip, but--imo--it has improved the additude of the back of the car. If you do it right, provided that hacking thing up can be called right, you cannot see the incisions because you work the remaining inside metal--that you cannot see unless your anal and crawl around on the ground looking inside trying to see the cut out area--so that it has a machiened appearance. After you work the meal so that it looks as if it was made that way, you paint the exposed metal with header paint, which by the way matches perfectly.

In the short time since I have altered the tips, I get a some "Wow! Those are incredible tips" from those who don't know the tips have been aletered. Unlike now where I'm not out where I get lot of comments about the car, I never got complements about "nice tips." I don't know if the increased flow rate makes that much of a difference, but every little bit helps, and that baffle covers quite a lot of area. You could probally bone up a set of these tips here, for postage and a few dollars.

post-3-1102402440.jpg

Oh ... nice wax job and as far as mini-vans ... I see that your Seville has 4 doors, probably has child locks too ... (hee, hee)

Thanks guys for all the replies. I don't like the rectangular tips -- be they tips from a Z28 or the "conglomerated" tips from a newer STS. I like the quad ovals. I may live with the straight-cut tips. I also don't want Corsa or any aftermarket...unless they're intended to be direct replacement for stock. Again, my brother just bought some for his C5...aftermarket, but designed to mimick the stock tips perfectly.

Yes, the Seville has child locks, but I can't fathom the marks in the leather from the child seat or stains from baby messes. :blink: This car has over 140,000 miles on it, but it's as clean as one with less than 40k. Right now, I drive my truck during the day and my wife, who is a homemaker, only takes the Seville out if she has to go anywhere. And she's on-board with the clean thing...so if it's raining outside, she'll postpone her trips and let the car set dry in the garage. When we get a minivan, I plan to keep the truck as well as the Cadillac. So then I can REALLY reserve the Cadillac for nice days only. Until we get another vehicle that holds a good number of people (minivan), we need to use the Caddy for trips, and that can make things a bit messy (see recent thread and pics of the mud). Once I can secure another vehicle for my wife to drive, I can keep that Caddy high and dry from here on out. B)

Yes, the Seville has child locks, but I can't fathom the marks in the leather from the child seat or stains from baby messes. :blink: This car has over 140,000 miles on it, but it's as clean as one with less than 40k. Right now, I drive my truck during the day and my wife, who is a homemaker, only takes the Seville out if she has to go anywhere. And she's on-board with the clean thing...so if it's raining outside, she'll postpone her trips and let the car set dry in the garage. When we get a minivan, I plan to keep the truck as well as the Cadillac. So then I can REALLY reserve the Cadillac for nice days only. Until we get another vehicle that holds a good number of people (minivan), we need to use the Caddy for trips, and that can make things a bit messy (see recent thread and pics of the mud). Once I can secure another vehicle for my wife to drive, I can keep that Caddy high and dry from here on out. B)

I use a couple of beach towles on the rear seat (seat back and bottom cushion) to prevent the car seats from screwing up the leather. Tuck the towel behind the rear seat back and let it drape across the seat cushion. So far, all of my cars still look like new. I don't let my kids eat or drink in the car....that stems from my childhood when we were not allowed to eat in the car, especially Dad's Cadillac! :D

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Jason

I was down at the dealer today and took note of the different types of tips. It seems that for a couple of years the Seville had the oval shaped tips. Currently and I think from 99 on back they had the dual oval "straight cut" tips.

The Devills on the other hand have dual oval "angle cut" tips.

Oh ... i was just ribbing ya' about the child locks!

Jim

It seems that for a couple of years the Seville had the oval shaped tips. Currently and I think from 99 on back they had the dual oval "straight cut" tips...The Devills on the other hand have dual oval "angle cut" tips.

Yes, I think I've only seen them on the newer Devilles...with the one exception of an Eldorado. This Eldo also had a half-wood steering wheel, so it must have been a very recent one...maybe even a Commemorative Edition? I don't know the availability of the wood wheels on the 200x Eldorados.

Archived