CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

What does this Tube do?

Paul S

While searching for the source of a new water leak in the trunk of my '99 STS I noticed the vertical trunk liner panel on the passenger side was soaked at the bottom (This is the panel with the removable door which covers a two shelf storage compartment). I removed the liner to see if I could find out where the water was coming from and I found a plastice tube that appears to be the same size and composition as the tube running from the pcv valve. I noticed that it had become disconnected from a coupler that was merely a plastic internal sleeve and the puddle seemed to originate just below this open line.

I am not sure if this is where the leak started or if I should keep looking. Any guidance on this issue would certainly be appreciated.

As Logan mentioned, do you have a sunroof; there can be a drain that plugs or (in your case maybe) comes loose and doesn't allow water to drain properly.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Went and looked in the service info for the 99 STS with sunroof...pic sure sounds like his description. Pic is one of the drain tubes.

post-2-0-72244200-1372446910_thumb.jpg

Yes! I do have a sunroof. It makes perfect sense now that the puddle would have formed under the disconnected drain tube.

Thank you all for your input. I should have a dry trunk now.

Thank you all for your input. I should have a dry trunk now.

If the line isn't plugged, otherwise you'll end up with wet seats. If somebody used compressed air to try to unplug the drain tube, that may have caused it to become disconnected. Have somebody pour some water in the trough around the (open) sunroof and check that all four drain tubes (one per corner) are flowing water to the ground. If you do find one plugged, use weed whacker string to unplug it, not compressed air.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived