CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

help me identify what goes here

airmike

I am hoping someone can help my figure out what bracket went here. The clean spot on the bolt boss, shows that a bracket was there. Directly under the water pump on a 99 sts. Thanks to all.

th_2013-06-26_18-47-32_963_zps176133c0.j

My guess is that it is a wiring harness ground. My 1997 FSM (which doesn't address the platform change in 1998 and some things, like the EVAP system, that was re-designed) shows G107 there. That's the ground for the cooling fan motors, the A/C compressor clutch, and one of the EBTCM grounds, the one directly from the ABS pump motor. The EBTCM has another ground, G110, which is also on the engine, lower and to the right, and it looks like it's off too.

Sometimes people strip out the holes and move the grounds to a chassis ground. You may not have a problem. You might check the resistance to ground from the ground side of the RH cooling fan motor and from the body of the ABS pump motor. If the readings are exactly the same, one of the grounds is off.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived