CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

theft system problem

droger03

I recently traded a friend of mine cars. I had a 93 Ford Crown Victoria and he had a 97 cadillac deville D'elegance. He only wanted my car because I had 22" wheels on it and I'm a cadillac man anyway so I figured sure. He thought that the motor was bad so he was looking to get rid of it. When I got the car last week and started to work on it it had a really bad backfire and sputter. When I pulled the plugs, they looked original. So after a I replaced them everything ran fine except for two things. Upon start-up you get a message that says " theft system problem, car may not restart" But it does start everytime. The next thing is as soon as you begin to pull off, another message comes on that says Service steering system. The current codes in the dic are B2711 and C1241. Any help or advice you guys can offer will be greatly appreciated

A few months ago I had that theft system message appear on the DIC as well. After checking the board, I reduced the extra weight from my keychain (all those extra hanging keys and stuff). The message went away and I have not seen it again. It seems that the weight can place the resistor pellet in the ignition key at an odd angle and make it difficult for the system to read. I have never seen the service steering system message though.

Archived