CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I am considering purchasing a 2004 DeVille DHS and I have pulled the trouble codes. Now I need some input as to what I am in for if I purchase this car.

The trouble codes are as follows:

Current: IPM B0429,

History: AMP U1016; MSM B1860; RIM U1000; IPC U1000; IPM B1004; IRC U1301,1064,1016; and MSS B1860.

The dealer, not a Cadillac dealer, wants $12,700 which I think is a lot of money, however it has only 44,000 miles.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Art Perrone

Sodus Point, NY

I am considering purchasing a 2004 DeVille DHS and I have pulled the trouble codes. Now I need some input as to what I am in for if I purchase this car.

The trouble codes are as follows:

Current: IPM B0429

There is not likely a 2000 to 2005 Deville on the road that does not have this DTC.

B0429 - Temperature Control #3 Rear Circuit Range/Performance

More folks ignore it because there is no ill affect on HVAC operation.

KBB.com might be your friend on pricing.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

GM will be building the 2014's in a couple of weeks....so it's almost a 10 year old car.

Seems priced very high to me.

Current:
IPM
B0429 Temperature Control #3 Rear Circuit Range/Performance

History:
AMP
U1016 Loss of Class 2 Communication with PCM

MSM
B1860 Driver Lumbar Vert Sensor Circuit Malfunction
U1000 Class 2 Communication Malfunction

IPC
U1000 Class 2 Communication Malfunction

IPM
B1004 Keep Alive Memory (KAM)

IRC
U1301 Class 2 Short to Battery
U1064 Loss of Communications with DIM
U1016 Loss of Class 2 Communication with PCM

There are too many network codes. It looks like it may have an aftermarket radio that either was not installed properly or isn't fully compatible with the car. This may not be in the car as you see it now, but it looks like there are problems with the IRC module, which is how the car's network talks to the radio, including a HISTORY short to 12 Volts. The AMP is the radio amplifier, and there is a network code there too.

I would ask that they fix this car before you test drive it. The B1004 is evidence that the battery was out or disconnected; they may clear the codes that way. So, when I drove it, I would go through an OBD sequence and check the codes when I was done, before I turned off the key.

I did a quick run-through with kbb.com and the dealer price for an Excellent car (no codes, no chips or dents, good tires, pristine upholstery, etc.) is $10,300. This includes the low mileage of 44,000 but I didn't go through and add options like Stabilitrak, sun roof, etc. because I have no information there. If they can fix the electrical gremlins and you really like the car, offer them the kbb.com price and don't budge, and walk if they want anything over that.

One last note - 44,000 miles is only about 4,500 miles a year. My wife drives less than that so I know it's possible, but this is incredibly low mileage. Yes, the odometer *can* be turned back on late-model cars that keep the mileage in the PCM. Get a CarFAX.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived