CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

SpeedTV: AUTOS: Score One For Cadillac

1129112_article_img_large1.jpg

These days, there are few truly bad cars in the marketplace, especially in the high end. Most everything is at least competent and usually very, very good.

Great? Well, that remains elusive.

But Cadillac has truly knocked it out of the ballpark with the stunning CTS-V coupe, a car that combines distinctive and unique styling with world-class performance to deliver a superbly enjoyable driving experience.

The goodness starts under the hood with a supercharged, 6.2-lier V-8 that produces 556 horsepower, the most of any Cadillac in history, and a stump-pulling 551 pound-feet of torque. The key to the massive power output is the Eaton Twin Vortices Series supercharger, with twin four-lobe rotors. Cadillac said the supercharger promotes superior noise and vibration control, as well as improved airflow.

Whatever the Cadillac engineers did, it worked, as the CTS-V’s engine is a beast — and I mean that in a good way. Zero to 60 miles per hour takes just 4.0 seconds and the engine’s huge reserves of torque means there’s plenty of usable power across the entire RPM band. The power is explosive, although very controllable.

Read More: http://automotive.speedtv.com/article/autos-score-one-for-cadillac/#.Ubko6bdTgCU.twitter

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I wouldn't have ever thought I would say this, but I like the sedan look much better than the 2 door. Don't know what is different in the body shape but something is.

Well, styling is certainly subjective, but I feel with the coupes limited production numbers (and its unique appearance), this 'Caddy' is destined to become a classic (and highly collectible) in the future. It certainly separates itself from the pack. IMO

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Archived