CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2003 Seville STS feature programming

Some time ago after I had everything set up, I had to disconnect the battery and today I tried to set up some features and it will not open the programming when holding the info reset button.

Also discovered the six CD cassett will not lock into place, so it is not working either, but the in dash works fine.

Everything else seems to work fine, so has taken awhile to discover that I cannot get into the feature programming.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

....Any ideas would be appreciated.

It would be worth trying this; disconnect both cables from the battery and either hold both cable ends together for a few seconds, OR connect a small jumper wire between the two cables. Be certain you make contact with the cable end connectors; contacting the cable connecting bolts does not guarantee the cable end connectors are making contact.

What this does is completely discharge all the capacitors in all the vehicle modules and you are starting with a clean slate. Be aware you will lose some stored information like trip odometer readings, AVG MPG, Range, GAL FUEL USED and other similar values. Plus the Features will default to whatever the values were when the car rolled off the line.

Welcome to the board from a "5" living in "4 land".

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Thank you Jim,

That solved the problem, and everything is back to normal.

Sure glad it was an easy fix, so far this Caddy has been the best one I have owned, with just 65 K on the odometer.

Thanks again, and this website is the BEST !!!!

I found JimD comments on "disconnect both cables from the battery and either hold both cable ends together for a few seconds or etc." to be very interesting and it also sounds like a neat trick. Would that also take the odometer to zero say on a '99STS? Not that I want to, just trying to avoid any pitfalls.

Archived