CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Forum software update

The forum software was updated this morning. Reply here or let me know if you see any odd behavior that needs to get straightened out -- missing icons, etc

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Bruce, even before the update, if I try "Like" a post, I would get this:

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Not that big of a deal (but thought I would report it).

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Bruce:

The "Quote" option when replying to a post is not operating as it was before the update.

Was this intentional?

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Bruce:

The "Quote" option when replying to a post is not operating as it was before the update.

Was this intentional?

No; How is it not?

Bruce

Bruce:

Was this intentional?

No; How is it not?

The option to reply to a specific question while displaying the question in quotes and attributed to original poster is no longer available. Or I can't find it.

For example, I was unable to edit this post to simply display and respond to your question without consuming bandwidth with everything that preceded your question.

I admit to resisting change at least as much as folks in my demographic, but the ability to selectively quote was an affective tool that encouraged members to focus!!

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

The option to reply to a specific question while displaying the question in quotes and attributed to original poster is no longer available. Or I can't find it.

To the lower right of the post to be quoted are the options to Quote or Multiquote as always, which is how I would tend to quote a previous poster.

you can also wrap text in the tokens

[quote] something [/quote] 

to put it in quotation format

All that seems the same to me -- keep telling me what is different until I get it though and I will try to fix it or will file a trouble report.

Bruce

To the lower right of the post to be quoted are the options to Quote or Multiquote as always, which is how I would tend to quote a previous poster.

Me too.

All that seems the same to me -- keep telling me what is different until I get it though and I will try to fix it or will file a trouble report.

As you can see, I was able to get the reply system to respond the way it did before the update. But I had to check the "Enable HTML?" box and then uncheck the "Enable HTML?" box in order to get to this reply screen/format that allows me to tailor my reply as before. For some reason I seem to be struggling with sentence structure at 10:45 PM eastern.

Perhaps some value in my browser (IE 10) has been changed?

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I see some dialog about issues with IE10 and quote formatting but they thought they fixed it with the version previous to the one we just updated to (trying not to mention which version we run as that in itself helps security).

The editor the forum uses for rich text is the tinyMCE editor, which appears to be struggling with IE10 for whatever reason(s).

They do ask during discussions that you clear your browser cache. I am always suspicious when they suggest that, but the local cache can contain javascript that has been updated with the new forum update, and so is not updating in the cache.

In this case it could be not updating to the new tinyMCE editor coding that is more IE10 friendly.

Sorry this is an issue, and please do keep pointing out this and any issues you see.

Bruce

Sorry this is an issue, and please do keep pointing out this and any issues you see.

You can take it to the bank; I will do that.

Thanks.

--Jim

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

For example, I was unable to edit this post to simply display and respond to your question without consuming bandwidth with everything that preceded your question.

I admit to resisting change at least as much as folks in my demographic, but the ability to selectively quote was an affective tool that encouraged members to focus!!

This one works...(IE10)... or maybe I am not understanding the problem...

Posted Image

Firefox isn't having that issue...

I will Try IE 10

Posted Image

This seems to me very much to be a cached file issue. Anyone who sees it, try clicking "Refresh" and see if that clears it up. Then post your experience here so we all know what happened.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived