CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Touring N. Cali coast in a new Caddy!

Excited about taking a new CTS out on a road trip as a rental tomorrow am. Leaving San Francisco to head in to Napa Valley area for a couple days... then heading up the coast on Hyw 1 to do some sight seeing. Great way for my lovely wife and me to spend our 30th wedding anniversary! :):yupi3ti:

I'll have to report in afterwards to give my review of the CTS. Don't know if it will be the coupe or sedan yet, but Im fine with either. I sure had a blast when I took a CTS V-series out on the track a couple years back, but I doubt my wife will tolerate me driving the rental like that! :)

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Congratulations on your anniversary ... hope y'all have a great time.... :)

A few years ago, we ran the Coast Highway... (Highway 1)... from LA all the way up to Eureka CA...

It was a great trip and very scenic... :)

Posted Image

Hey thanks for the well wishes and congrats guys! We are sure having a great time in Cali, but its coming to an end quickly as we fly back tomorrow morning. The touring, wine tasting, and trying delicious food just never gets old!

But the biggest change of plans came the day the CTS was to be delivered... National rental decided to exercise their right to use the "or similar to" clause and brought us a Mercedes C250 instead. I wasn't terribly upset, just a little unsure of the swap there. I know nothing of Mercedes line. I will say the vehicle did kind of grow on me though as it handles so nice and the fit and finish was supreme. It just glided down the road, very smooth and quiet. I believe it had the 1.8 turbo which did fine but I would have liked a little more punch at times.

I'll post more pics and give more details of the trip later, but heres one quick shot of my beautiful wife with the Mercedes in Sonoma area. Man we sure had some fun!

glen_ellen_thumb.jpg

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Have fun. Enjoy every minute of it. Thats the beauty of Driving in a Cadillac

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived