• Catera/CTS
    • Eldorado/ETC
    • Seville/STS
    • Deville/DTS
    • XLR
    • SRX
    • Escalade
    • Other

I thought it would be interesting to see the relative popularity of the various models.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

How about the Allante?  Or is not considered a Cadillac since it was built in Italy?

The bodies were built by Pinan Farina in Italy. They were shipped to Cadillac in pieces, were assembled and went to final production here in the USA.

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

How about the Allante?  Or is not considered a Cadillac since it was built in Italy?

The bodies were built by Pinan Farina in Italy. They were shipped to Cadillac in pieces, were assembled and went to final production here in the USA.

Why?? Why not just build the whole car here?

LOVE the Allantes by the way...got to drive one once (with the top off of corse). It was in MINT (the owner kept it parked in a garage with a white towel under each tire!) condition and drove like a dream...was a blast!

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

I have had (2) '84 Eldorados (1) '86 Seville

Still have the '88 Sedan Deville and of course the Black on Black '01 STS tinted to the legal limit and the fully chrome oem sts wheels, wood kit inside and aftermarket hands free phone.

Peace,

ByStorm B)

How about the Allante? Or is not considered a Cadillac since it was built in Italy?

Face it Ed, its in the same class as a Cimerron! :lol:

Early on sailors navigated by the stars at night and the North star became the symbol for finding ones way home. Once you know where the Northstar is you can point your ship in the right direction to get home. So the star became a symbol for finding ones way home or more symbolically even finding ones path in life.

Define "pieces" I owned a 90 1/2 Allante and the way it was explained to me was that the body was shipped to the US from Itally in 747's as one big piece... in the US they installed the power train...

Coolest thing about this car was the guy who painted it "signed" his name in the wet paint inside driver door.... I discovered this fact fixing the power door lock...

I have to add it was the nicest car I have ever driven.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Can Olds Aurora can be considered made by Cadillac for Oldsmobile?????? Cadillac dealer even told me that it was going to be a Cadillac before it became an Aurora but it shared most of everything with Seville. So can i classify as cadillac bro??

Define "pieces" I owned a 90 1/2 Allante and the way it was explained to me was that the body was shipped to the US from Itally in 747's as one big piece... in the US they installed the power train...

Coolest thing about this car was the guy who painted it "signed" his name in the wet paint inside driver door.... I discovered this fact fixing the power door lock...

I have to add it was the nicest car I have ever driven.

Lets see...I'm trying to remember. I thought it was in two pieces. I'll see if I can't scare up a definative answer.

I've got to agree with you. They were one of the nicest looking, nicest riding cars to come along in a while. An instant classic IMHO. If I ever come across a '93 N* Allante for the right price, I'll jump on it. ;)

user posted image

Can Olds Aurora can be considered made by Cadillac for Oldsmobile?????? Cadillac dealer even told me that it was going to be a Cadillac before it became an Aurora but it shared most of everything with Seville. So can i classify as cadillac bro??

The '95 Aurora was built on GM's new G-chassis. Supposedly the strongest body they ever built, to that day. Back in '95, the Seville was going strong on its own K-chassis. I doubt the Aurora was supposed to be a Cadillac...something the dealer probably told you to move a car. I understood the Aurora to be Oldsmobile's "reawakening" car, something they probably came up with to bring Oldsmobile back out of the hole it was in in the early 1990s. Meantime, the Eldorado was running on the E-chassis, which is extremely similar to the K-chassis.

In 1998, the Seville went to some variation of the G-chassis (the Aurora unchanged that year I think). The Eldorado stayed on the E-chassis. The Deville stayed on a variant of the K-chassis (the K-special?). In 2000, the Deville moved to a new body, which is I would reckon another variation of the G-platform? The Eldorado stayed with the E-platform until it expired in 2002. I'm not sure about the current Aurora...when did it get redesigned? Sometime in the early 2000s. I would reckon it's still classified as a "G-chassis", but it's a whole lot smaller than the original Aurora isn't it?

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

The Aurora was the "first" of the models intended to totally replace Oldsmobile's product line. If you remember back then in the early 90's the Olds product line was not real strong and John Rock was the general manager. He put a plan into place called the "Centenial Plan" to have an "all new" Oldsmobile model line in place by Old's 100th anniversery.

Ah, memories...

Good ol' J.D. Rock. I saw him speak at the 100th Oldsmobile Centennial Celebration in Lansing in 1997. They also "unveiled" the concept that would be the Alero in a year or two later. They also brought out the Intrigue in '98 I think...which is a really fantastic car...complete with the 3.5L "Shortstar" in 2001 or something like that. Too bad the Oldsmobile brand had too much of a stigma to continue. I agree that at the time, Oldsmobile and Buick were almost redundant. Unfortunately for Olds, Buick had (and still has) the pretty successful Park Avenue line that the Olds 88/LSS never really developed into.

By the way, if anyone is interested in Oldsmobile's history, get a copy of "Setting the Pace" by Jim Walkinshaw and Helen Early. Fantastic book, great pictures, lots of great inside info about Oldsmobile and General Motors in general. Both were employees of Olds I believe, and I met them both at the Olds museum in Lansing. Neat place.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...684601?v=glance

They also brought out the Intrigue in '98 I think...which is a really fantastic car...complete with the 3.5L "Shortstar" in 2001 or something like that.

I have a 2001 Intrigue with the Shortstar and I agree with your comments. It is a great car! And a world class engine...

But I have to admit that every time I drive it now... After having the "Full Northstar experience"... I spend the first block or two checking if I left the emergency brake on. ;)

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Northstar power IS distinctly habit-forming...so said Car & Driver in February 1997, so it must be the truth. ;)

Gee thanks ad…you called my bluff. LOL (I forgot to put “someday” in that equation..) Right now I’ve got bigger fish to fry before I go and get another toy, but that looks like a heck of a deal…I just checked in here at caddyinfo for the first time today, opened the link and the auction has ended. (Whew, LOL) It looks like it didn’t meet the guy’s reserve with the final bid at 9500 bucks, but shoot you can ‘buy it now’ for 12k! That’s pretty fair in my book. It’s also being claimed to be a ‘one owner’ car. I’d be calling to see if any maintenance records were available…

Hmmmm…. ;)

user posted image

QUOTE (adallak @ Dec 5 2004, 10:34 PM)

here you go

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...1&category=5349 

Gee thanks ad…you called my bluff. LOL (I forgot to put “someday” in that equation..) Right now I’ve got bigger fish to fry before I go and get another toy, but that looks like a heck of a deal…I just checked in here at caddyinfo for the first time today, opened the link and the auction has ended. (Whew, LOL) It looks like it didn’t meet the guy’s reserve with the final bid at 9500 bucks, but shoot you can ‘buy it now’ for 12k! That’s pretty fair in my book. It’s also being claimed to be a ‘one owner’ car. I’d be calling to see if any maintenance records were available…

Hmmmm…. 

I am pretty sure that the reserve was $10k. It's LA metro area and you are in SF bay area as far as I know - you could drive the car home the same day... :D

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I am pretty sure that the reserve was $10k. It's LA metro area and you are in SF bay area as far as I know - you could drive the car home the same day... <_< think about it :D

I'm east of Sacramento in the Sierra foothills. Still, that's an easy one day drive. been there, done it..10k huh? Have mercy.. :ph34r:

BTW, it has 110,000 miles on it..

user posted image

adallak Posted on Dec 6 2004, 11:56 PM

Ed Hall,

It looks like you have repainted the top of your Eldo? 

That is the stainless steel top that came with the eldo biarritz. Nice looking car.

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

Archived