CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Service Fuel System

Usually this is a bad relay. Go to the fuse panel/relay center above the drivers side front wheel. there are 2 relays in there that are exactly the same (one for the AC, and the other for the fuel pump. pull them both out, check the fuel relay for corrosion, and swap them. if the problem goes away, and your AC doesn't work in the summer, buy a new relay for the AC.

same as above. Try that first and also pull the DTCs.

There should be at least one code.

hold the climate control off and warmer temp button and it will cycle and show the codes on the IPC.

Welcome to caddyinfo

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

The OBD codes for the fuel pump relay are

P0230 Fuel Pump Relay Control Circuit
P0231 Fuel Pump Feedback Circuit Low Voltage
P0232 Fuel Pump Feedback Circuit High Voltage
P0233 Fuel Pump Secondary Circuit Intermittent

I once had my engine stall and not start for a minute or two, and I had a P0231 code. These are about $8 each on Rock Auto. Here's a picture of one from the Rock Auto web page on them for the 1997 Eldorado (and many GM cars from 1993-2013, including your car):

RY601T_PRIMARY.jpg

The one listed for my car on Amazon won't fit because it has six prongs, so either search by part number or get it from RockAuto.com or one of the GM parts houses that sell online, or from your local dealer parts counter. It may be able to push in upside-down. Be sure and put the new one in the right way. If a new one doesn't work, turn it over and try again.

I bought four from Rock auto and put it in a week later when they came in. I still have the other three somewhere.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

i swapped the relays and its still doing it.... funny thing is that i put it on a dio machine and it told me i have miss fires and something stalls would tht affect the fuel system also like three months ago i did a tune up

Whenever you get a message on the DIC there will be an OBD code. That code will tell us (and you) what is wrong. Please run the OBD codes, write them down, and post them here.

Here's how to put your car's computer in the diagnostic mode and list the OBD codes. Get a pencil and paper handy, then turn the key on and wait a few seconds for the dash lights to settle to normal. Then, on the A/C console, press <Off> and <Pass Warmer> together for a few seconds, until all the dash lights light up like you just turned on the key. The codes will scroll across the driver information center below the speedometer. Write them down. They will be of the form

ACM B1347 CURRENT

The most important parts are the single letter with three numbers and the notation CURRENT or HISTORY. Write them down to post here. The list will end with the prompt "PCM?" You can press <Off> to catch any you missed or check the list. When you are done, you can take your car's computer out of the diagnostic mode by pressing the Auto button on the A/C, pressing "Info reset," or turning the key off. Sometimes it's best to run the OBD codes after driving the car and parking it, but before turning off the key, because all the OBD codes go to HISTORY when you turn off the key and sometimes you need to determine which codes are CURRENT When you drive the car.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived