CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

97 STS emission problems still ! bbob help

druhl

I have been trying to get my car to pass an emissions test for over 2 months now. The system monitors are not going complete for the O2 sensor heater monitor, O2 sensor monitor and the cataylist monitor. The car is a Canadian car and does not have a converter over temp sensor. I have change the cat. converter and all four 02 sensors and as of two weeks ago I had the dealer change the PCM and drove it on a trip and around town more than 1,700 miles and the monitors still will not complete. Does anyone have any ideas of what is going on with this car. Thanks :(

I don't know if this will help but here it goes...I have been chasing an intermittent oxygen sensor heater problem since I bought my car a few months ago. I refused to believe that all 4 of the sensors were bad. Just 2 days ago I finally found a broken ground in the engine compartment. Had it fixed...not a problem since. Check all of your ground wires.

Charles

Charles

Thanks alot for the post chazglenn3, I have been unable to get help on this problem. I did check the grounds by disconnecting the oxygen sensor plugs and checking the harness to gound of all four sensors. I am not getting any code , just the three monitors I mentioned in my earlier post are not going complete.

Sorry I can't help, but it seems like it might be time to ask the dealer to run diagnostics on your car. Make sure they know about all of the work already performed by you, to try and fix the problem.

It would probably cost a couple of hundred dollars, but it would be worth it to resolve the issue.

Good Luck.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Archived