CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Thinking about a rear spoiler -

Norton1

Look here at what I am considering. I really like my car but want to jazz it up a little. Anyone have any experience with this company or spoilers??

Thanks

Steve

Actually Ed you will only gain 25 MPH with that one, the double-bladed ones give you 50! :P

So tell me, did the factory ever offer spoilers on the Eldorado? I've seen a few very nice looking ones... Lower, contoured, and seemed to match the body lines well. Only saw them from a distance, so I never got to evaluate it further.

I was thinking I may do that myself, as I will have to replace my trunk-lid sometime in the not-so-distant future. It is rusting from the inside out on the bottom right edge... :(

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

I agree on the spoilers needing to fit the contour. I'm not looking to gain any top speed - this car goes faster than I want to drive it!! This STS of mine has a nice rear look to it and I'm thinking a spoiler, with the right attitude, would make it bulk up a bit in the rear.

The third light also does not work on mine. It's got a tip broken off and cannot be rapaired, so ifigured I could add a third light with the spoiler. For $120, shipping included, I could have a third light and possibly add to the looks of my car.

I've been thinking about this for about a year and still haven't made up my mind. What I need to do is find one, or a picture of one, and see if it looks like what I want on the car.

I appreciate all of the comments -

Steve

So tell me, did the factory ever offer spoilers on the Eldorado? I've seen a few very nice looking ones... Lower, contoured, and seemed to match the body lines well.

Ditto. I actually knew the site of a good one... I'll whip it out someday, here

K2K, You had a nice looking spoiler on the STS you used to have didn't you? Did you buy that one, or was it on the car when you purchased it?

The one's I've seen on the Eldos were only about 2-3 in high, and were flared down on the ends to meet the rear quarter line. I believe they had the 3rd brake light too...

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

The Eldos are only an STS with 2 doors aren't they? I mean some trim differences but basically the same body. At least form my untrained eye. My son said he saw one on a Caddy but didn't get close enough to see what it was. Said it looked really good.

Next Friday I'm going to visit some of the local ricer shops and see if they carry some of this stuff. Never hurts to look -

I put one on. Got it off the net, cheap, Father in law works at Caddy and painted it diamond White for free. (well, sorta) Mine has the LED light in it. I hooked up a Flashing brake light kit from webelectric.com for that light only. It flashes for one second when you hit the brakes.

Everyone that has an intrest in cars likes my spoiler. It fits the contour perfectly. And the light is cool.

I think I posted step by step instructions on how to in the past. It's not that hard but you really have to watch where you drill, there are wires that run there and you want to avoid a bolt coming in on the blind side of a supprt. Took me about an hour to install. Measure 4 times, cut once!

Mike

That #127 is the same wing as in my first post. Only $30 cheaper and free shipping. Can you post a pic of the wing on yours? More of a straight from the back shot?

Thanks

Steve

I like the ground effects to a degree - don't know if that is what I want though - bit too much for a 60 year old I'm thinking!

Steve

Archived