CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CaddyInfo Live Cadillac Chat 2013-04-25

v-series-flyout-960x392caddyinfo.jpg

Our 4th CaddyInfo Live Cadillac Chat is planned for Google+ Hangouts and live here in this thread on Thursday night, 8 PM Central, 9 PM Eastern, 6 PM Pacific, 3 AM Swedish Time.

• 5K Challenge: What would be your favorite Cadillac for around $5K? Bring a description or link to a car you would buy for $5K
  • Pick your Cadillac: Which would you prefer: Cadillac SRX FWD starting at $37K -OR- CTS Sport Wagon RWD at $39K ?
  • Cadillac Racing in the Pirelli World Challenge Series - Do you follow the races? What are the benefits to Cadillac?
  • DashCams -- Good Idea and Fun or just a gadget?
  • What would you like to see on CaddyInfo that we don't do enough of? More contests, more give-aways, more what?
  • What would you think of a 'repair pool' fund? If CaddyInfo pooled some costs that Supporters could 'award' to users whose Cadillacs needed repair?

Tune in and watch live here in this thread Thursday night!

Contact me on Google+ if you want to participate in a future Chat!

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

One dashcam option

$(KGrHqNHJEYFEMrTjcpCBRG4bz,frQ~~60_12.J

Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/271155744201?item=271155744201&pt=Car_Audio_Video&cmd=ViewItem&hash=item3f22244dc9&vxp=mtr

User video that happens to show a Cadillac CTS Coupe:

Bruce

I got my introduction to the Russian dashcam thing with a humor page to the "best 12 Russian dashcam videos of 2012" that included the now-famous video of a truck turning left in front of a car and rolling... spilling a small herd of stumbling, confused cattle in front of oncoming traffic. Following links from there, I found posts that said that insurance fraud had become so common that people needed dashcams to document when someone would walk up to a stopped car and flop on it as if they had been hit, and sue - and I saw a few examples of just that. But when that many dashcams are out there, you will catch some really bizarre stuff, like the cattle spill, a cop hanging onto a door of a car speeding through traffic, people driving waaay too fast careening into the underbrush (they have a name for those, "pilots"), fighter jets buzzing the highway, and much, much more.

A webcam can be an excellent instrumentation and training aid in off-road sport. But, why would you want a webcam for suburban USA? Well, I can think of some things to do with it. For example, NJ is not a driver's ed state, and it shows in sloppy driving practices such as almost universal cutting of left turns to the extent that you are risking a head-on collision to do a right turn on red if cross-traffic has a left arrow, and a nice video compilation of flagrant corner-cutters would be nice. Once in Atlanta I saw a yahoo careening into a left-turn lane, clearly too late to make the green light but with a clear intention of running the light. A large pickup gunned out of the light as it changed, and, boom; if I had a dashcam then I would have gotten that one. Right here in South Jersey about a year ago I saw someone do the same thing and careen into the left rear quarter panel of... a cherry 1953 Buick convertible. Over the years I have seen several incidents like that, not all of them accidents, but if a lot of us have dashcams we will capture things like that whenever and wherever they occur.

I've talked myself into it. I want a dashcam.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Bruce's Choice for a $5K car:

1994 cadillac fleetwood brougham "RWD" very low miles - $4200 (ft worth)
3Gc3Mb3H85G75E35Had4kfc76df9513561678.jp

94 cadillac fleetwood rear wheel drive LT1 motor 82,069 miles
Cold ac/heat, leather interior is flawless, new tires all the way around
Digital dash no leaks at at all no mechanical issues can drive anywhere with no issues
I have all paper work from when car was purchased new window sticker and all
Water pump and radiator is brand new and under warranty. Im asking $4200

Bruce

Another Fun CaddyInfo Thursday night Cadillac Chat! The Video will process for a bit then anyone who missed it live should be able to watch the recorded video.

Thanks again to Cadillac Jim and To Texas Jim for participating.

Please let me know on Google+ if you would like to participate in future CaddyInfo Thursday Cadillac Chats!

Bruce

I put my ContourHD on the windshield on a camera mount today to experiment with it as a dashcam. 

On the way home you can see a police SUV pull out on the left after a driver headed in the other direction.

Be sure to set the video quality to 720 if you have the bandwidth

Bruce

Archived