CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1995 SLS

Mark Grek

Does anybody have any tips on cleaning or bringing out the shine on original exhaust tips? Mine are really starting to look bad. I don't want to torch them off and re-chrome then weld on again.

Mother's Mag Wheel Polish? I was going to try to shine mine up with that...just haven't had the time yet. 'Tis the season and all...Just got the lights up on the house today.

Charles

Thanks, I will try that over the weekend along with maybe painting the mufflers black. I'm still hanging lights myself on the house.

My exhaust tips are stainless steel, not chrome. As such, they don't have a high luster but they can be cleaned up with fine steel wool.

About a year ago, I painted my mufflers and exhaust pipes (all except the tips) with heat resistant flat black spray paint. I also painted the underbody, fender wells, and suspension parts with flat black Rustoleum. It only took a Saturday afternoon and several cans of spray paint but it made a dramatic improvement in my car's appearance.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

My exhaust tips are stainless steel, not chrome. As such, they don't have a high luster but they can be cleaned up with fine steel wool.

About a year ago, I painted my mufflers and exhaust pipes (all except the tips) with heat resistant flat black spray paint. I also painted the underbody, fender wells, and suspension parts with flat black Rustoleum. It only took a Saturday afternoon and several cans of spray paint but it made a dramatic improvement in my car's appearance.

Steel wool may be the way to go. I thought they might have been plated. I think the flat black will make it look much better in the rear, since that year shows the mufflers.

Archived