CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2006 Seville DTS

pats37

Now that all of the problems on my 98 STS are resolved ( bad ignition switch ) it is running "delivery day" perfect again. Boy, do I love that car! Had the cooling system flushed ( not power flushed ), wheel alignment ( very little change ) and new "Cadillac" windshield wipers installed.

Since I'm not trading this little gem I am trying to talk my wife out of her SUV mode and would like to get a 2006 Deville DTS.

I understand it is undergoing a styling change but am having difficulty getting any details on it other than it will still be front wheel drive. That suits me fine because the 98 STS handles deep snow the same way a locomotive does.

Does anybody have any preliminary info on the 2006 DTS? I was disappointed in the downsize of the new STS and hope they are not planning a similar change to the DTS. I'd appreciate any info on this while I'm working on my wife.

Regards,

PS: The windshield wiper intermittent inoperability problem was a bad ground. Ran a new ground to the motor and problem gone!

From what I've read, the planned changes are "interim" changes and will not change the basic car, only the looks. I don't know if it's going to happen next year or when the Devilles become RWD; but I've heard that, like the Sevilles, the name Deville will be history and all of the Devilles will be DTS's like all the Sevilles are now STS's. The size of the 2006 Deville, or whatever it's going to be called, should not change.

Good luck with trying to get the wife out of the "SUV mode" I've been trying to do it for just a couple of years. We just had that conversation the other night.

She is due for a newr vehicle next year, so.... I will try one more time but, I am sure an SUV will be #1 in her mind.

Peace,

ByStorm

From what I've read, the planned changes are "interim" changes and will not change the basic car, only the looks. I don't know if it's going to happen next year or when the Devilles become RWD; but I've heard that, like the Sevilles, the name Deville will be history and all of the Devilles will be DTS's like all the Sevilles are now STS's. The size of the 2006 Deville, or whatever it's going to be called, should not change.

I thought the DeVille was to remain FWD for a long time????

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

06cadillacdts.jpg

http://info.detnews.com/autosinsider/sneak...ex.cfm?id=15611

While the cockpit is being updated and the sheet metal heavily revised, there will be few major changes under the skin because the current chassis and driveline are being carried over. An all-new Cadillac flagship sedan isn't expected until the end of the decade.

Not sure on the 2007 FWD/RWD debate. I like the RWD platforrms with AWD option for snow states myself.

031532-T.jpg

http://www.gminsidenews.com/futureguide1.htm

Deville/DTS- Deville will get freshened on it current platform in 2006 to be more in line with GM's design vocabulary. It will continue until the new super sedan comes online near the end of the decade.

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The 2006 DTS will maintain the same exterior dimensions and ample proportions of the current DeVille, but its nose and tail will get a significant makeover to bring the car in line stylistically with the rest of the Cadillac family.

This is what scares me! :(

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Bruce,

Thanks. Thats good news. Even with all the disguise it is unmistakenly a Caddy.

I'd like to see them go back to chrome bumpers but that would be too much to ask for. Can't help it but I guess I'm old fashioned. FWD is better than RWD in upstate NY. Nothing against AWD except it adds about 8 grand to the price and probably would improve stability control.

Any info on increasing HP of the Northstar for the 2006? Not that my STS @ 300HP lacks anything but the automakers seem to be in a one upmanship mode on HP.

The picture also seems to indicate 18" wheels.

Thanks again.

Pat

KHE:

When many expressed concern about the change to RWD, "they" consoled us by saying that the Devilles would remain FWD. However, that thinking changed and the next Deville change (if it's still called that) after the 2006, will be RWD UNLESS there is negative backlash on the RWD STS.

I would guess that the 2006 DTS's will come with a variety of power options just like the STS's.

Guru says that we brought the RWD on ourselves by demanding it but, I live in Michigan, and let me assure you I never demanded RWD!

I have a doctor friend who had been driving an STS for years. She switched to the CTS and put it in the ditch on a snowy road the first week. She says she knows that wouldn't have happened with FWD. She just traded her CTS for a FWD 2004 SLS in time for the Winter season.

However, that thinking changed and the next Deville change (if it's still called that) after the 2006, will be RWD UNLESS there is negative backlash on the RWD STS.

Dasher, where did this information originate?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived