CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

DIY Remove Dealer Emblems from Your Car

DIY Remove Dealer Emblems from Your Car

Posted on March 17, 2013 by bwnunnally

My 2008 Cadillac STS-V came with a Dealer emblem on the trunk lid. Today’s project was to get that off and enjoy the clean rear that Cadillac intended.

I want to keep the V logo, and the STS.

IMG_0356-1024x764.jpg

Our targets are the “TAYLOR” and subtext “Houston” emblems.

Tools / Materials:

• Dental floss
  • adhesive removal chemicals or (alternate) car shampoo solution
  • water
  • More dental floss

How to remove dealer emblems

Read More: http://caddyinfo.com...-from-your-car/

IMG_0365.jpg

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Sounds like a project for my STS-V.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

If a heat gun is used to warm the emblems, it is easier to saw through the adheshive with the dental floss or fishing line.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

KHE - if a hair dryer will do it, I have that. So, they use hot-melt?

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

KHE - if a hair dryer will do it, I have that. So, they use hot-melt?

It's not hot melt glue but the heat softens up the adheshive so it is not as difficult to "saw" through it with the dental floss. Keep the hair dryer moving so you don't burn the paint. This step is more critical if you're using an industrial heat gun as they can get very hot. Once you have the emblem warmed up, then saw through it with the dental floss or fishing line.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

• 2 weeks later...

The first thing I do when I buy a car is take the dealer emblems off. I hate them.. Back when I ordered my 87 442 the dealer asked if they could put one on the trunk when the car comes in. I said NO!!! Months later when the car was delivered and I went to pick it up they asked again and I said NO!! Then they asked if they can put a license plate bracket with the dealers name on it and I said yes.. Took it off on the side of the road on my way home.. I couldn't believe they even asked.. I figured they would just put one on.. That was the one and only new car I ever bought.. Still have it today.. :)

1355177301_Caddy2.thumb.jpg.40dfc05e0861db8b3e74deec4f75cc76.jpg

The first thing I do when I buy a car is take the dealer emblems off. I hate them.. Back when I ordered my 87 442 the dealer asked if they could put one on the trunk when the car comes in. I said NO!!! Months later when the car was delivered and I went to pick it up they asked again and I said NO!! Then they asked if they can put a license plate bracket with the dealers name on it and I said yes.. Took it off on the side of the road on my way home.. I couldn't believe they even asked.. I figured they would just put one on.. That was the one and only new car I ever bought.. Still have it today.. :)

When I ordered my '93 Fleetwood Brougham, I told the dealer that I did not want them to put their dealer badge on the trunk. They said, "Oh, you can remove it if you want to." and I told them, "NO - I don't even want it on there in the first place." so they wrote "DELETE REAR DEALER ID" in huge letters on the paperwork. When I picked the car up, there was not a dealer ID on the trunk and I thanked them for not adding it.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

There is a "CREST" on the trunk lid of my CTS-V. If I were in North Texas I might leave it on because Crest Cadillac is clearly an asset to the area and having a car from them is something to be proud of. But in South Jersey, Crest is just a brand of toothpaste.

I checked the letters yesterday and they are just as Bruce described, held on by two-sided tape that apparently is designed not to damage paint, i.e. to be removable. I haven't gotten the nerve to go after it yet though. But soon.

My current project is getting the plates on and the inspection sticker, and updating the nav system. Apparently the nav system has never been updated, and there are some major changes in my immediate area. The update takes three hours, during which you must not turn off the radio, which means that the ignition must remain on. I'm thinking of just putting the trickle charger on it and doing it in the garage.

But the next project is to get the dealer emblem off.

Archived