CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I just bought a 01 deville and I just wanted to get an understanding of the codes iIused this site find out how to find them now I need help with understanding them.

History

ABS C1291

ABS C1295

IRC U1016

Current:

PCM P1574

RFA C0760

ABS C1293

:welcomesmiley:

C1291 Open Brake Lamp Switch Contacts During Deceleration

C1295 Brake Lamp Switch Circuit Open

U1016 Loss of Class 2 Communication with PCM

P1574 Stoplamp Switch Circuit

C0760 Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) system sensor not transmitting

C1293 Code C1291 Set in Previous Ignition Cycle

One of your stop lamp switches is bent, out of adjustment, has a loose connector, or is bad. Also, the tire pressure monitor on ONE of your wheels is not sending data to the PCM. C0750, C0755, C0760, and C0765 all have the same description in my list, so each of them is for one wheel, but my list doesn't say which. Since your code is third on the list, it's probably a rear wheel.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Have you checked to make sure you have break lights when you step on the brake pedal?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Have you checked to make sure you have break lights when you step on the brake pedal?

Yeah sometimes the check electrical system warning comes on and then the break lights stop working for that moment.

Sometimes a piece of crud can get on the contacts inside the brake light switch. The switch can be disassembled and the contacts cleaned with a piece of chamois. Do not use any type of abraisives on it. Be careful when opening the switch - it is spring loaded and can fly apart. When removing the switch, rotate it, then pull out. When reinstalling it, push it in in the free position and then rotate it to lock it in place. If you push the switch in, the teeth can ruin the locking bushing and the switch will not be held in place.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived