CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2005 STS "4"

rofsts

Saw my first (on the road) new STS over the Turkey Day weekend,

was wondering what the little "4" to the lower right of the STS badge

on the trunk lid means, the AWD option ???

I drove an 05, RWD only though, for a day last month. What an incredible machine. This one was a V8, but I think its kind of crazy that they are offering a 6 cylinder. I wonder why. One cool feature was the push button start. No key needed! Just have the fab in your pocket. Maybe that is old technology, but it was the first time I had seen it.

I drove an 05, RWD only though, for a day last month.  What an incredible machine.  This one was a V8, but I think its kind of crazy that they are offering a 6 cylinder.  I wonder why.  One cool feature was the push button start.  No key needed!  Just have the fab in your pocket.  Maybe that is old technology, but it was the first time I had seen it.

I have thought about this idea of V6 also, but if you look at the competition say AUDI, multiple engines are offered. I am sure that BMW, Mercedes, Volvo has similar engine upgrades.. I think this is a good thing I think and it allows them to ramp up the HP on the V8 to compete without knocking a lot of people out of the market and causing high insurance bills. Many people might feel that the V8 is too much car for them and too expensive to operate with gas prices where they are and the V6 may help stimulate sales they would not normally get... Adapt or perish :unsure:

So they could now have a V6, a V8 and and STS-V with an even more powerful engine, I just hope its not the 5.7 liter pushrod engine. The engine should be a further refinement of the NS if you ask me (but who the hell am I, :blink: )

I hear that even the V6 '05 STS does 0-60 in the mid-upper 6 second range...which puts it about even with a previous generation FWD Seville.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Cadillac is hoping to improve its overseas market with the STS and the V6 is important because the gas prices in Europe, etc. are much highter than they are here.

Archived