CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Needing to reprogram the CVRSS module with passive shocks/struts and resistors in place of active shocks/struts is news to me, and a bit startling. I thought we were working with disconnected or bad wheel height sensors that caused a problem with the ABS/TCS. Perhaps if we address the S061 and S063 we can fix the ABS problem.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

This thread is getting confusing... You can't just short out (use a jumper) the shock sensors. If you do, you will receive the short to ground or short to battery code for the actuators. Same with the ride height sensors.

There was a bulleting for the early 90s Devilles to turn off the SERVICE SSS light which inolved adding a relay and cutting a wire. I believe it also was for the 92 and 93 Eldorados and Sevilles. That procedure will not work for the '94 and up years.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

This thread is getting confusing... You can't just short out (use a jumper) the shock sensors. If you do, you will receive the short to ground or short to battery code for the actuators. Same with the ride height sensors.

There was a bulleting for the early 90s Devilles to turn off the SERVICE SSS light which inolved adding a relay and cutting a wire. I believe it also was for the 92 and 93 Eldorados and Sevilles. That procedure will not work for the '94 and up years.

I'm also quite confused, also thought it wasn't possible but here is one section of the bulletin that describes the procedure:

1992-1993 Allante, 1993-1996 Eldorado,1993-1996 Seville, 1993-1995 Concours

These models require installation of a jumper harness connection. Remove the harness connector from the shock during shock replacement. Install the jumper, GM P/N 88961530. Securely tie off the jumper to the harness in order to avoid possible damage while in use. Effective repair requires four (4) jumpers – one for each “corner” of the vehicle.

Important: Do not flash the controller with the electronic shocks connected to the vehicle harness. Controller damage may occur.

Later Delco Electronics controllers must be flashed with Tech 2. Turn the key to the on position, with the engine off . Using the Tech 2, navigate as follows: Diagnostics/ Model Year/ Passenger Car/ Chassis/ Product Line/ CVRSS/ ALC/ Strut Removal Recalibration . Select F0: CVRSS Recalibration. Follow all Tech 2 “on screen” instructions. After performing the Strut Removal Recalibration procedure, cycle the ignition from “on” to “off” and then back to “on”. Verify that the ride control warning indicator is no longer illuminated.

The "jumpers" must be a resistor in order to defeat the message.

Alright, I see. Btw, do you know if S015/S013 codes set the SRC-message?

There is another point of confusion in this thread. When we talk about putting in jumpers with resistors when we change to passive shocks/struts, we are talking about the connectors to the shocks and struts, not the ride height sensors. When you change to passive struts, you leave the ride height sensors alone.

I've had the feeling that when the shocks were changed, someone thought that the ride height sensors weren't needed anymore and disconnected them, which is causing the S013/S015 CURRENT codes and the ABS light. If that's true, reconnect the ride height sensors and all is well.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

There is another point of confusion in this thread. When we talk about putting in jumpers with resistors when we change to passive shocks/struts, we are talking about the connectors to the shocks and struts, not the ride height sensors. When you change to passive struts, you leave the ride height sensors alone.

I've had the feeling that when the shocks were changed, someone thought that the ride height sensors weren't needed anymore and disconnected them, which is causing the S013/S015 CURRENT codes and the ABS light. If that's true, reconnect the ride height sensors and all is well.

Yes, you're absolutely right. Two different things. Sorry if beeing messy, I'm one hundred percent rookie on these sort of things.

No ABS lamp illuminated. The sensors are connected. I checked them today (if we're talking about the sensors with ball joint and the box with the plastic filler next to the shock). The shocks are changed about a year ago - Arnott. The SRC message has been present for 10+ years. I'm thinking about doing the circuit Barry94 wrote about but with the S013 and S015, it perhaps won't kill the message anyway ..

Edited by Frep

• 11 months later...

I recently replaced all four shocks/struts with new ones from Arnott. The message "Service Ride Control" still comes up every time I start my car and I know the reason could be non-working solenoids, sensors etc. But as I replaced the shocks and the old suspension system is no longer operational, I like to get rid of that annoying message. I searched the whole net for an answer.

Could anyone help me? How can I bypass and permanently delete "Service Ride Control" on a Cadillac Seville STS 1994?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards.

Fred from Sweden

94 Cadillac Deville SLS OBD1 code S061

Temporary fix the S061 code is the right front Ride Control Sensor. Was Getting 7.6 Volts DC input signal and nothing going from the sensor back to the computer. Tried using the fix using a 220 ohm resistor and diode, found on the web, NO Luck! There are 4 wires going into the sensor, Black, Green, Red, and Orange. The Black and Green are both Grounds, the Red is the 7.6VDC input and the Orange is the reference signal going back the computer.

Using an adjustable voltage regulator ( LM317T ) ic set at 2.65VDC. The Vin is the RED Wire, Vout is the Orange Wire, the Ground is the Black and Green Wires tied together, NOTE these wires are NOT the vehicle ground !!! Using 10K ohm resistor to replace the variable resistor and the fixed resistor. The 10k resistor is connected from the Vout to between Adjust and Ground pins of the ic. Using a 0.1uf capacitor connected to the Vin ic pin then to the (-)side of the 1uf capacitor the (+) end of the 1uf capacitor is then connected to the Vout ic pin.

The procedure was to disconnect the wire pig tail going to the sensor and then cut the wires off near the sensor leaving several inches of wire between the freed connector and cut wire. The small circuit was built on the bench and using a 9 volt DC battery to test and double check the circuit output. Then plugged in for a test drive.

Make sure to insulate between ALL ic leads and seal the circuit extra well and be sure to make a rugged project. The LM317T has an operating range of 0*-125*C so the idea was to route the circuit up near the engine to try to stay within the operational range of the ic, several cable ties attached it to the fuel line and free of all moving parts.

PARTS used .......................

1) LM317T ic

1) 10K ohm resistor

1) 1uf capacitor

1) 0.1 uf capacitor

Thinking this over the same type circuit could be used to check other sensors malfunctions by using the proper output voltage.

Code S103 History - I couldn't find anything on this code.

Code S036 History - Electronic level control compressor short to ground/open.

Code S044 History - Lift or Drive signal fault.

Code S050 History - Road sensing suspension module fault.

Code S061 History - Right front position sensor fault.

Code S063 History - Right rear position sensor fault.

Since the codes are history codes, I'd clear them and see if any return. You might want to check to make sure the electrical connectors on the shocks are plugged in fully.

94 Cadillac Deville SLS OBD1 code S061

Temporary fix the S061 code is the right front Ride Control Sensor. Was Getting 7.6 Volts DC input signal and nothing going from the sensor back to the computer. Tried using the fix using a 220 ohm resistor and diode, found on the web, NO Luck! There are 4 wires going into the sensor, Black, Green, Red, and Orange. The Black and Green are both Grounds, the Red is the 7.6VDC input and the Orange is the reference signal going back the computer.

Using an adjustable voltage regulator ( LM317T ) ic set at 2.65VDC. The Vin is the RED Wire, Vout is the Orange Wire, the Ground is the Black and Green Wires tied together, NOTE these wires are NOT the vehicle ground !!! Using 10K ohm resistor to replace the variable resistor and the fixed resistor. The 10k resistor is connected from the Vout to between Adjust and Ground pins of the ic. Using a 0.1uf capacitor connected to the Vin ic pin then to the (-)side of the 1uf capacitor the (+) end of the 1uf capacitor is then connected to the Vout ic pin.

The procedure was to disconnect the wire pig tail going to the sensor and then cut the wires off near the sensor leaving several inches of wire between the freed connector and cut wire. The small circuit was built on the bench and using a 9 volt DC battery to test and double check the circuit output. Then plugged in for a test drive.

Make sure to insulate between ALL ic leads and seal the circuit extra well and be sure to make a rugged project. The LM317T has an operating range of 0*-125*C so the idea was to route the circuit up near the engine to try to stay within the operational range of the ic, several cable ties attached it to the fuel line and free of all moving parts.

PARTS used .......................

1) LM317T ic

1) 10K ohm resistor

1) 1uf capacitor

1) 0.1 uf capacitor

Thinking this over the same type circuit could be used to check other sensors malfunctions by using the proper output voltage.

The ride height sensors are used by the ABS, TC and ECS as well as RSS. You would be better off to fix or change the sensor.

• 5 years later...

Dont Arnott or some other passive shock/strut replacement  companies sell a bypass/light killer kit to shut off the warning lights and fool the PCM?

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

• 2 weeks later...

They do.

I happen to have a spare set. I bought them but ended up buying the complete Arnott Struts. Never had a problem.

Monroe was as well but not sure if they still do

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile