CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Spark Plugs

Ranger

As most of you recall I had a misfire problem not long ago and the first step was to replace the plugs. You may also recall that at 92K all the platinum tips were gone. Well, my wifes '96 Bonneville 3800 series II (N/A) was running rough and at 112K I figured it was time. The manual calls for 41-601's, but I found platinum tipped 41-921's in there. When I bought the new plugs they (A/C Delco, dealer & parts stores) now call for 41-101 "Iridium" (I don't know what the difference between platinum and iridium is), which is what I bought. Interestingly enough, unlike the Northstar, when I pulled the plugs, all the platinum tips where there. In hind site all I needed to do was clean, regap and reinstall them and I'm sure they would ahve been good for another 100K. They were in such good shape I did, clean, regap and saved them, "just incase".

One other interesting note. I noticed that the A/C Delco box said "Made in Japan" :o Comments?

Not as cheaply as the stuff gets made overseas. You know how capitalism works, right? Get all you can, can all you get, and sit on the can. As long as increasing the profits is the goal, the problem will only get worse. It bugs my too!

Charles

Charles

Archived