CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

STS-V fuel injectors

My 2008 Cadillac STS-V is lightly modded — Spectre Cold Air intake, and Corsa axle back exhaust; STS-V fuel injectors may be next as a supporting mod.

Each mod so far has proven out on the dyno to improve the performance of the STS-V. The STS-V was factory rated at 469 hp at the crank, and mine is just over 500 hp at the crank now.

STS-V Fuel Injectors

An issue to keep up with as you tune is how the fuel injectors are doing. Mine are running at a duty cycle of 85-86% as we saw on my HP Tuner gauge charts done during the Virtual Dyno baseline runs.

July-4-with-3-runs-first-run-Hptuners-1024x765.jpg

Read More: http://caddyinfo.com...fuel-injectors/

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

OK... I'll give my opinion... :)

I would go with the bigger injectors... you are at the ragged edge limits of the ones you have now.

While true that you can overdrive the pump with higher voltage thereby making more pressure and thus more flow from the ones you now have...

What is the extra voltage going to do the the longevity of the pump??

How hard and how expensive is it to replace a fuel pump on your "V"??

I would instead look to replacing the injectors with bigger ones.

That will decrease the duty cycle of the injectors, maintain stock voltage on the fuel pump, and leave more space for future mods.

Posted Image

My thinking also; the Boost a pump is a tried and true solution but I am more comfortable with larger injectors first.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived