CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

road trip seville

rockfangd

Hi all. Wanted to share my Road trip with you all.

This was the first road trip with my Seville. It was a true test on the engine job I had performed just over a year ago.

I went 1000 miles in 4 days traveling from NY to New Hampshire, stayed in NH and went to the Atlantic Ocean, Next day went to Salem Mass. And got back home to NY tonight. Sorry for the no pics but I forgot the camera and Refused to carry cell as it was our important quality time vacation.

Anyway the Seville drove flawlessly. I put it to the true test with long hauls, heavy acceleration, 0-100mph, 55-100mph spurts. Temps ranged from 70f-105f outside.

The highest the coolant temp ever got was 207f and that was in heavy traffic jam on the interstate.

I was amazed at the takeoff whether from a stop or accelerating to pass. The engine runs extremely strong. I took the hills and curves of Vermont with ease. Even the hills did not affect the coolant temp.

I got 450 miles to 20 gallons gas average with full load and 93 octane gas.

This was a true test for my Seville and it passed without any problems, AC blows ice cold. I am very pleased with how it went. I must say I got looks and questions about it no matter where I went. Almost everyone said it truly stuck out to them. People were completely shocked that it is a 97.

I felt bad today though as there was a 95-97ish Seville on I87 being picked up by a tow truck. It was very nice green with a landau and looked clean and loaded. Hope fully something minor. Today was a hot day though just about 100f outside.

Thanks for Reading

post-12985-0-29868700-1342138216_thumb.j

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Thanks. As am I. I take the upmost pride in all of my vehicles and everything must be nearly perfect so the fact that nothing went wrong feels wonderful. I tend to worry about things too much.

One thing to mention is I have not had any TCC problems in awhile. No lights, codes, or shimmy. It over time went away. Unless I am just losing it.

GM FAN FOREVER

You can be assured that mechanical things will always eventually have issues. But if you address each item as you detect it, carefully diagnose and correct, you can "drive it forever".

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

see you have to think of it like this.

I have had my Deville for almost 5 years and have had little to no problems at all. I drive it hard and have no problems, I drive it every day and it never sits

I have had my Seville for 1.5 years and when I bought it I had to put 5 times the repairs into it and it was stored. Once all the things that failed were repaired it hasnt had any problems. I drive it just like the Deville and now it performs flawlessly. I think this is a great tip for people. Dont let them sit. Drive them and love them.

honestly I dont know how my Deville still runs so good. But I can definately say any minor problem was immediately addressed. It may help to prevent larger problems

While I was away I gave my father my Deville and he drove it so even though I was not home it was still being driven. He asked me if I ever worry about the miles being so high and I told him never. Mileage to me means nothing at all.

GM FAN FOREVER

Great report of your repair turned into road trip. You must feel proud of yourself, I hope mine goes as well if ever I finish it. I am having a terrible time getting my parts for one of our sponsors.

see the dealer only warrantied the engine for one year and I wanted to do a road trip last year while it was still under the warranty but we flew instead so I didnt need to drive. so this trip was the official long distance test

GM FAN FOREVER

thats the way to do it. i am just jealous because I took no pictures this year. usually I carry my camera non stop but this year I had nothing.I love triple digits because you cant even tell.

GM FAN FOREVER

thats the way to do it. i am just jealous because I took no pictures this year. usually I carry my camera non stop but this year I had nothing.

I love triple digits because you cant even tell.

That's the truth... you begin to notice the speed in my car about the time you get to 100...

Anything below that, and it is pretty hard to tell the difference between 70 and 90.

The fastest I had it on this trip was 130 mph.

Here's a picture of us going across part of Old Route 66 in Arizona the other day...

20120629_083150.jpg

Posted Image

same here. I feel it just over 100mph. must have good tires to ride so smooth at high speeds

GM FAN FOREVER

Please note that all refs to any speed over the local speed limit were doubtless in Mexico.

I am wondering about pinning the hood on the V before I try airing it out.

Bruce

Please note that all refs to any speed over the local speed limit were doubtless in Mexico.

I am wondering about pinning the hood on the V before I try airing it out.

Of course it was in Mexico... I thought that was already stated... :):)

Your "V" will go a lot faster then my ol' DTS... it might need pinning.

I have never seen a "V with hood pins... wonder how it will look.

Posted Image

Cadillac allegedly replaced all the hoods in Europe, which gives me pause. Some solution that was not visible would be ideal but hood pins are the conventional solution.

The V will theoretically do 175+ but it would take a lot of room to get there.

Bruce

I did not know that European hoods had been replaced...

That "IS" something to think about.

If the hood came up at 150 or so... that would be known as a "VERY BAD THING"... :lol:... :P

Posted Image

Archived