CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

A/C guages....Again

Ranger

As some of you may recall, I won a set of A/C guages on Ebay for $25 a couple of months ago. Fedex dropped them in front of the grage door, so when my wife left in the morning, she crushed them. Turns out they were from a compamy called "Total Closouts" and I believe they were Harbor Freight returns (made in Taiwan). Fittings were missing and valves didn't work. Total closeouts did not want to get involved so I had to filed the claim with Fedex and after much calling and red tape Fedex told me today that a check was being mailed today. I believe they are sending me the "replacement cost" which is $95 :D. Not bad, but the best is yet to come. I stop in Autozone today to see what they have as a replacement, not expecting much. There is one set of guages in a black molded plastic carrying case on the shelf with no price tag. It is made by Mastercool and looked like a good set, made in USA, sight guage and even had a bleeder valve to burb the air out of the line. So I ask a guy how much? He can't find a price and the next thing I know he is waiting on someone else. I ask another guy. Same thing. Finally I ask a third guy and he can't find it in their computer either. On the counter next to me is a cheap Taiwan set for $35 and the hoses were another $38. He asks if I want those and I said I'd like a price on the Mastercool set. So he asks the manager who was also busy with costomers and looked like he could care less. The manger says $50. Now I don't know that much about these things but I was pretty sure that was a very good price so before this kid could say anything I said "sold" and had a $100 bill on the counter, trying to contain myself and look cool. He tells the manager that the Taiwan set was $73 and the manager just repeats $50. I'm outa there before any one gets a chance to change their minds feeling like I just won the Lottery. I get home and check the internet and here is what I found. http://www.ai-supply.com/search/ShowItem.a...mCode=MCI+89660

I guess the fiasco with Fedex paid off in the long run. My wife was not home and I am so extatic that I just had to tell someone. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning.

Thats what they get for >>> So I ask a guy how much? He can't find a price and the next thing I know he is waiting on someone else. I ask another guy. Same thing. Finally I ask a third guy and he can't find it in their computer either. On the counter next to me is a cheap Taiwan set for $35 and the hoses were another $38. He asks if I want those and I said I'd like a price on the Mastercool set. So he asks the manager who was also busy with costomers and looked like he could care less. <<< :lol:

Archived