CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

RHD CTS headed for UK release

Bruce Nunnally

http://www.carkeys.co.uk/news/2004_november/23/5156.asp

http://www.just-auto.com/news_detail.asp?art=46387

Early in 2005 you can head to the Dutch-based Cadillac and Corvette francise on London's pretigeous Park Lane for a new right-hand drive CTS or left-hand drive Corvette or XLR.

0411caddi2.jpg

I think GM should consider combining the Corvette francise with Cadillac in the US as well :) I remember an earlier essay considering converting corvette from a model to a brand name. Making it a duo with Cadillac works for me.

Cadillac General Manager Jim Taylor, speaking to just-auto, said that RHD had been ‘designed in’ to the CTS because of the intention to sell it in quantity in Japan. However, sluggish demand in Japan meant that other models – such as the SRX Crossover, STS (Seville replacement) and XLR sports car – were not made as easily adaptable for RHD and are now produced in LHD form only.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I think GM should consider combining the Corvette francise with Cadillac in the US as well :) I remember an earlier essay considering converting corvette from a model to a brand name. Making it a duo with Cadillac works for me.

I like the concept as well. In fact, there is a good ongoing example of that right near my hometown. At "Family Chevrolet/Cadillac" in Shingle Springs, Ca it seems to be policy to have nothing on the showroom floor but Corvettes and Cadillacs. I was just there yesterday, and you'll see a nice spread of C-5's, C-6's , an XLR , a new STS, a CTS-V and a few Cadillac SUV's. Traditionally, that seems to be the designed mix there from the management.

A healthy combo indeed!

Now, if I can just get them to come down a little more on that '04 C-5 LeMans blue roadster.. ;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Archived