CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Help!! Trouble codes!!

Caddyjag

A047 Low Refrigerant Charge

A048 Low Refrigerant Pressure

It's time to service your air conditioner.

S060 Left Front Position Sensor Fault

This sounds like a problem I had a little over a year ago. Look under the left front suspension. See if there is a little black plastic rod hanging down to within a few inches of the ground. If so, it snaps to the lower suspension with a ball joint. Unsnap it, turn it so the plain end is up and insert it into a black plastic tube hanging just above then re-snap the ball joint in place. If this is your problem, it will be one of the easiest fixes you'll ever make!

Hope this helps.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

PooBah

I have the 61 fault - same problem but on the right side - I'm not following your description of what you did.

I know it has to be a simple solution as it doesn't always come on as a Service Ride Control message - but it's driving me nuts trying to find it!

Thanks

Steve

As I said, I had a similar problem a little over a year ago and the S060/S061 code description sounds like what I was getting (not 100% sure).

Look under the car and see if there is a small black plastic rod (about the size of a stout pencil) dangling from the lower suspension a-frame. If it's there, it will be very easy to spot because it will be hanging from the lower part of the suspension to within a few inches of the ground. This rod is supposed to fit into a plastic tube that hangs from a fixed point on the frame just above the rod. As the suspension travels up and down, the rod is supposed to move move up and down in the tube to provide computer input as to the position of the suspension.

Sometimes, the rod comes out of the tube and just hangs there and, since the position data is not being provided, it sets the codes. It is a very simple matter to unsnap the rod, insert the plain end into the tube, and reattach the rod so the assembly is functioning properly.

It is also possible that the dangling rod has come unsnapped and lost or the tube is unfastened, lost, or broken.

I would look at the suspension on the good side and see how this assembly is supposed to look. Then check the bad side and see what is wrong or missing.

If there are parts missing, they can't be terribly expensive (as parts go) and the repair job is literally a snap!

I have to say that it's been a while since I had this problem and I could be wrong about which code it actually set - but I'm 95% certain that my memory is correct.

I hope this helps.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Yes that helps a bunch. That part is the suspension ride height sensor. I'll check my right side out this weekend. Might just be something not quite tight on mine as I only get the code on occasion. I'll go months without getting it - then everyday for a couple of months.

Thanks a bunch!

Steve

Archived