CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Thanksgiving Vacation

JasonA

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving, and is able to spend it with friends and family. Myself and my wife...we're heading out to Arkansas. My folks are already there, and that's where my dad's family is from. It'll be about an 800 mile drive from North Carolina, and we plan to do it in one day, both ways! :blink: We're heading out tomorrow, and will be back late Saturday night. With 138some thousand miles on the Seville now, we should break the 140,000 mark on the trip home sometime. What a great ride...even on the factory shocks. :)

Hopefully, I'll be able to check in every now and then from the grandparents' house. I hope everyone has a great turkey day.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

After 1800 miles, about 71 gallons of fuel, and lots of mud, we got back last night, all safe and sound. The appearance of the car reminded me of a discussion (I think it was in a poll) we had a while back about mud flaps. I wished I had them this weekend. Woah!

http://jadcock.oldsgmail.com/cadsls/mudflaps.htm

Before anyone asks, no, Michelin Pilots do NOT work well as floatation tires.

Not too bad a job on the mud, but certainly not world class (can still see a significant gap between tread and inside fender wells).

I guess I shoulda took pics of when the Big Red Dog would fill up the wheelwells to the point of making distressfull noises when turning and occasionally when de-fragging over cattle guards. Magneisum chloride is a wonderfull binder for mud rocks etc.

They really are a good car on gravel and mud (if there is such a thing). Low and powerfull to get to the edge of ditches at speed and back out again. Vans and 4-wheelers tend to dig in and get tipsy. The traction control is the fun part of being able to point and shoot.

The cleanup is a b. In particular the wheels and specifically, how the inside flat of the rim holds the mud so well. This design facet must of been Caddy's method to discourage off-roading.

Then again, it could just be the Driver... I just got back from defrosting the major moving parts that were frozen together in a contigious block of ice under the company pickup's front end. Bouncy (no suspension left), grinding on the axle shafts, etc. :unsure:

I was told by a short person in the passenger seat: "See - that's what you get - for going out the other morning in the snow and slush. I knew it took you too long just to get us coffee". <_<

I hate it when she who must be obeyed - is right. :rolleyes:

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

I have the GM mudflaps on my '96 Seville. They are hardly noticable and they have the Cadillac script on them. I installed them as the Michigan road salt kept sandblasting the lower quarter panels of the car. It was expensive to have a body shop paint the lower quarters...

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I have the GM ones with Cadillac script that I never installed. I also bought generic large rubber flaps for my truck (that you trim to fit) that I was thinking about for the Caddy...if I ever do put guards on it. I could trim those to the exact contour and shape that I need. The GM ones didn't seem to fit great in the wheelwell...they're just generic flaps. Do you have ones specific for the Seville?

I bought them at the dealer parts counter. They are black with the "Cadillac" script in white. I seem to recall that I had to trim them slightly to fit. I used the existing trim screws to fasten them.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Thanks Kevin. I think I got mine from eBay. They were in the GM box though...genuine GM parts. I may have to look at trimming them to fit.

I lined them up and then applied "Prussian blue" transfer bluing to the existing screw heads. That transferred to the flap so I was able to drill the holes in the flaps in the exact location.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived