CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Video from Houston Mile 2012

At around 2:28 you can see a Hennessey Cadillac CTS-V wagon do a standing mile at 155 mph, which is booking.

The Houston Mile - May 12, 2012

Here are a few of the cars I shot video of at the starting line. I realize I don't have all the cars, maybe next race I will be able to get more on video.

For full results: http://www.houstonmile.com/results/

This is just a 1/2 mile pass but I'm told this is going to become a mile race, so look for a standing mile race to be coming to Ellington airfield in Houston soon!

Check out http://www.hightechcorvette.com

http://www.houstonpe...ancedriving.com

This looks like their V650 package: http://www.hennessey...e.com/v650.html

Power:

• 658 bhp @ 6,200 rpm

• 661 lb-ft @ 3,700 rpm

Acceleration:

• 0-60 mph: 3.8 sec.

• 1/4 Mile: 11.7
@ 122 mph

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Thanks for including me in this email Bruce. I have put the bigger rubber (265-35 front, 305-30 rear Pilot Super Sport) on the RedRocket with great results. As soon as I can get some pics of same I will post them. I see you now have an '08 STS-V, is this a new ride for you? If you can, could you post some pics - would like to check it out! Thanx, Dave. P.S. Did you notice any performance improvement with the upgraded intercooler?

Nice - 305/30s must look huge on the back.

Yes, I got some cooler temps on the new heat exchanger. Still looking for more gains here. You can check this subforum for all my 2008 STS-V related notes http://caddyinfo.ipb...hp?showforum=89

This post: http://caddyinfo.ipb...showtopic=38626 has good pointers to the stories on the purchase, visit with TexasJim, etc.

100_1545-1024x682.jpg

Bruce

Your tech postings are very interesting, I have seen several tuners offering larger intercoolers but none mention circulation pumps. When you got everything working properly what was the end result for your right foot - WoW or Holy S_ _ _!?

I probably don't write enough about how much I enjoy driving my STS-V. As I work on optimizing the intercooler cooling or other systems then sure I am considering this trade or that trade but I am having fun doing the mods, and I am having a ball driving the V every day.

Bruce

I agree, working on the personal touches we make to our rides is every bit as much fun (almost) as driving them. I really enjoyed all the work I did installing the carbon fiber pieces, the intake system and mufflers. Do you know what benefits I would see if I was to simply swap out the stock 1/2" thick front intercooler for one of the thicker (2"-21/2") after market intercoolers? I notice on hot days (> 85') I lose some of the low end umph to spin the rear tires (even before I went with the wider rubber) and I wonder if a larger intercooler would help, and if so, how much. I don't think I am interested in changing intercooler circulation pumps, etc. I will post some shots of the new tires after the holiday, the rears do look massive, just the look I was going for. On cooler days she still has NO problem spinning 'em when you want to... :yupi3ti:

The OEM intercooler heat exchanger is thin, but that is so that it doesn't provide a flow obstruction. It is light, which is always good. It is pretty efficient, and in my tests does better than some aftermarket solutions. in general I would not replace the OEM HX with a front-mounted heat exchanger. However, if you ADD a front mounted heat exchanger, while keeping the OEM HX, which is what I did for my STS-V, then generally IAT2s are lower. Hard to say how much lower; in my tests around 10F lower, but everyone else seems to suggest anecdotally that they see much higher gains. Hard to tell without detailed test results over time like the ones I like to post.

Alcohol/methanol injection gives a lot more IAT2 delta -- perhaps 40-60F, but it has its own issues. The attractive thing about adding a HX is that it works all the time and doesn't require much monitoring, no refilling, etc. I wanted to address intercooler cooling before considering other power adders that will raise temps, like running more boost.

Bruce

Thanks for your insight. Other than the mufflers and cold air intake system (airaid) I am hesitant to do anything to void the factory warranty. My dealer has told me these two mods won't do that, besides, the RedRocket is fast enough!! :yupi3ti: This weekend is the Detroit G.P., hopefully with good weather updated pics of the RedRocket w/new rubber and other V's in the Cahaddy car corral to follow. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

My STS-V is under warranty as well. I don't worry too much about it but realize that any system I add stress to is not fair to ask for a warranty repair. So if you add more pressure of boost, you are done with the powertrain warranty, etc.

Things like exhaust, intake, and cooling improvements seem safe.

The Cadillac corrals at the racing events sound really fun. Take lots of pictures to share!

Bruce

Thanks for your insight. Other than the mufflers and cold air intake system (airaid) I am hesitant to do anything to void the factory warranty. My dealer has told me these two mods won't do that, besides, the RedRocket is fast enough!! :yupi3ti: This weekend is the Detroit G.P., hopefully with good weather updated pics of the RedRocket w/new rubber and other V's in the Cahaddy car corral to follow. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

"fast enough" could you please explain, because I can't understand! If you spin the tires at 60 mph, it is not fast enough, you just need more traction. :paint2: Can't wait for the pics.

Yeah, I hear you guys and I agree, but if there was a simple way to add RELIABLE h.p. I would be all for it. The RedRocket drives so well now (low & slo or RedRocket fast :yupi3ti: ) that I am hesitant to risk that for twenty or so MORE feet of rubber left on the pavement between red lights! HA! Hopefully Sunday race day will be rain free, looks like Fri. & Sat might be nasty.

Yup, youknowdasright!!!!!

Archived