CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

'94 STS Passenger Door PL

chevyorange

OK.

1994 STS, the passenger side door lock is having troubles. The power switch works fine. It is the actual lock that won't go up and down. I had my mechanic fix it first ($140 for the part, $100 labor). It started doing the same thing two weeks later.

Did they gip me on the "new" part? Or is this a problem with Cadillacs in general?

I told them do whatever they had to to make it work, even it took soldering/gluing/whatever the thing that is not working to keep the lock working.

I'm just kinda confused because the power switch works on the door and does all the other doors, but won't do its own... and of course none of the others can make it work.

Frustrating for the wife I'm trying to impress with the "new caddy"!

Adam

Sounds like the lock actuators are bad. The actuator is the lock solenoid and latch in one unit that is bolted to the door. You will need to remove the door panel and remove the three torx screws on the latch.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Sounds like the lock actuators are bad. The actuator is the lock solenoid and latch in one unit that is bolted to the door. You will need to remove the door panel and remove the three torx screws on the latch.

Thanks KHE - since I paid for it the first time, I'm making them do it right. My way of keeping things straight. And if it fails again, I'll bring it back again until they refund my money! Then I'll do the darn thing myself!!

Thanks again, hope you have a great Thanksgiving Week.

Adam

The actuator costs $64.35 from the dealer. Usually it's the rubber bumper on the bottom of the rod that actually does the lock/unlock and it comes off after a period of time. In 94 models it's a common problem.

And having been inside my door a number of times trying to figure it out - three torx screws is just the beginning of that nightmare! The dealer is charging me $160 to replace the parts, this cost includes the actuator.

Steve

Archived