[Love the long lines on these from the door to the taillight.]

6543667.bin

1969 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Photograph by: Nelson Bender , edmontonjournal.com

EDMONTON - The Cadillac name makes certain models very collectible and good pristine units like this 1969 Cadillac Coupe Deville are hard to find.

The owner of this unmolested stock survivor with 53,206 original miles is David McFarlane. The car has been in the family since it was new.

The ’69 was restyled with Eldorado-like front fenders and extended rear quarters, giving the car a longer look. There was also an all-new grille with dual horizontal headlamps positioned in the outboard, step-down areas of the grille.

Read More: http://www.edmontonj...3665/story.html

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black; 2013 Cadillac ATS 2L Turbo Premium (Wife's)

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I love the looks of these Cadillacs. My first Cadillac was new 70 Coupe de ville. I loved the high back seats. When I was in the navy in San Diego there was a 69 that sat in the parking lot of the navy exchange. I would walk out of my way on my way to lunch just to go by that car. I thought it was the most beautiful car I had ever seen. I got mine the very next year. I wish I still had it. The cars that they make today certainly pale in comparison in looks to these cars.

I liked the '69 and '70 Cadillacs. My grandfather had a '69 Sedan DeVille and my Dad had a '70 Sedan Deville. The '69 had the horn button integrated into the rim of the steering wheel - to honk the horn, you just squeezed the steering wheel tighter.

Edited by KHE

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

My 69 had a 8 track dealer installed option hanging from the center of the dash. The 74 had it built into the radio. COOL STUFF.

How did we live without XM Radio and Onstar??

Yea 472 CID I believe. I remember driving it to the Jersey Shore 160 miles using 10 gallons of gas=16MPG HiTest (Like they use to say) gas was with lead The price of gas was around fifty cents a gallon I believe.

Thanks again for the memories

Edited by BUICK11

My first Caddy was a 1965 SDV, but my second was a 1969 SDV. Yes, it had four doors, but still kept the fender skirts. In that car, I was able to swap out the AM/FM (station seeking) radio for a QUADRAPHONIC 8 track player! I still miss that car, which was a dark maroon color with black interior, just beautiful!

That one was also traded for a 1974 SDV Calais, light blue (no vinyl top, blue cloth interior). It never really had the same appeal that the '69 had.

AND, I can still live without XM Radio and OnStar.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Yes - 472 cu-in V8. Premium fuel was required. In those days, the premium fuel was leaded. If regular gas was used, that engine would ping like hell....

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I like the distinguished looks of Cadillacs from 60s and 70s! The styling went down in 90s, IMHO. I do not care much of the looks of latest Cadillacs...

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

• 8 years later...

Hey whats up guys. So I got my self a 1969 cadillac coup deville and it ran ok when I got it and had some cosmetic issues but I am perfecting her as we speak. And one of those perfections is shaving my door handel and installing a door popper kit. Does anyone have any recommendations for me? Pics are below