CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I have Michelin tires on my STS-V and they are not run flats and I have no spare. I have a can of the flat fix stuff but don't know how it works but I DO know how the following works as I have used it on a GMC truck and a 36 ft trailer.

Patch Boy, Google them, makes a plug gun with the gun, a few dozen plugs of two sizes, the adhesive for fixing nail & screw hole caused flats or leaks. If you go to most auto stores a compressor can be had for about 30 bucks, they work but are very slow.

I would rather have this option readily available then be in the middle of nowhere with a flat as opposed to waiting for an unknown flat bad to try to put the car on without causing damage.

Personally I use what the motorcycle community calls 'sticky string'; similar, I'm guessing to the plugs and plug gun you mention. Even though I carry a spare (donut, for the STS and a full size for my Bravada), the 'sticky string' and an auxiliary pump will do me in good stead, if needed. I would avoid the 'spare in a can' unless that is your only resource.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Archived