CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Examples for the Chinese market will be made in China. XTS for the US will be made at Oshawa, Canada along with Buick Regal

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

What the news release meant was that XTS will be built in China, for China; imported vehicles have fees attached, 'built in country' would not incur these tariffs.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Same platform, but different options and equipment. The Buick Regal is a short wheel-base Epsilon II at 107.8" wheelbase. The new Cadillac XTS is a long wheelbase Epsilon II, or perhaps Super-Epsilon depending on who you listen to, and rings in at 111.7" wheelbase. Rumors had it matching the current DTS wheelbase of 115.6" or even the STS's 116.4" wheelbase, but it is coming in at 111.7". This is more like the Buick Lacrosse, to draw comparisons.

This may prove wise when weight and MPG are considered. Curb weight already 4K lbs for FWD XTS, 4200 lbs for AWD.

The thing is, the Buick Lacrosse has been well received critically as an excellent car. Equip it with Cadillac CUE and a few other luxury features and it should make a very good FWD/AWD DTS replacement.

Bruce

The thing is, the Buick Lacrosse has been well received critically as an excellent car. Equip it with Cadillac CUE and a few other luxury features and it should make a very good FWD/AWD DTS replacement.

I'm not sure that is exactly correct. My neighbor drove one and thought it was noisy and pretty much a bad car at that price point. Keep in mind, his idea of a car must have a sticker price below $25,000. In other words, he didn't see the value for the extra money and settled on a Malibu insted.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

I am glad your neighbor found the Malibu, which is also similar. Personally I would look for the touches that the Cadillac team adds to the platform and mix once the XTS finally arrives, and would prefer to wait and get a year old XTS if needed to balance it against a new Malibu with fewer features. But everyone gets to find the right mix of value vs cost.

I'm not actually in the market for an XTS -- I am having a ball with my STS-V and will likely look for another blown Cadillac after this one.

Bruce

Hmmm, tried to do the quote thing on the post above, which I have pretty much mastered over the years, but on this new format, the quoted text was not hignlighted, at least not on my view. But I did get this nice box to type into, so here ya' go.

Hmmm, tried to do the quote thing on the post above, which I have pretty much mastered over the years, but on this new format, the quoted text was not hignlighted, at least not on my view. But I did get this nice box to type into, so here ya' go.

Hmm. I hit the "quote" button below right of you post and got this to type under.

Bruce

Do keep telling me if you think stuff is not up to snuff yet; I am fixing anything I find but still likely plenty to find.

Bruce

I didn't use that lower right button, but the quote icon on the reply page, I'd say that's where the problem is.

Oh -- if you mean the "quote" button on the reply text editor that looks like a word bubble from a cartoon (in between code and twitter buttons -- that lets you enter a manual quote.

So if I wanted to say:

I didn't use that lower right button

I pasted in that part of your text then highlighted it and pushed quote so it would be formatted as a quote.

Bruce

By the way, that lower right quote button goes away once you click in the reply box (the"ever present" Reply to this topic box) . At that point, you have no choice but to use the quote icon.

Back to the topic, XTS and ELR to be sold in China:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/money/automotive/General-Motors-to-build-Cadillac-XTS-in-China/-/2318858/11628952/-/8gccg0z/-/index.html

The XTS luxury sedan and ELR luxury electric coupe will help expand the brand’s model portfolio in a luxury vehicle market that grew by 39 percent in 2011.

The XTS luxury sedan, the most technologically advanced production car in Cadillac’s history, will be manufactured and distributed in China by Shanghai GM. It will go on sale at Cadillac dealers nationwide in the fourth quarter of 2012.

Bruce

Well, yes, that's the way it used to work for me too, but now clicking that button does not provide me with a place to insert my copied text. Maybe there's just a lot of lag time (I've noticed that lately) before all the features show up. I'm running Windows7 on a Core I7 laptop, and IE9.

It will go on sale at Cadillac dealers nationwide in the fourth quarter of 2012.

Oh well, so much for spring/summer of 2012!

(maybe I didn't have text selected?)

We'll see the XTS here in the US pretty soon. The 4Q is in China.

Forum running very fast from my seat, so let me know if you continue to see lag.

Bruce

Archived