CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Best Shine!

98Concours

OK guys, first of all, I'm not affiliated with this company or product in any way. I found out about it on the corvette forum. I got a bottle and tried it on my Vette. I can't believe it! I've never seen a shine like this. I cant wait to try it on the Concours. It's the easiest stuff I've ever used! Here's a link to the web site. The stuff is called RejeX. This is NOT a spam post. Oh, and the bottle lasts a long time as I can hardly tell I used any out of it to do the vette.

http://www.x-autoproducts.com/index.htm

Jeff

Jeff

98 Concours

90 Seville

04 Corvette

I never use wax or polish because it destroys paint and it wont make it shine anymore than properly cared for paint will shine. If they gave a money back garunteee, I might try it because I'm obeseed with shine. But they don't give a money back garuntee, so I'm not going to waste my money on something that won't make my car look better than it already does.

• 1 month later...

My main gripe with wax is that it leaves that chalky white residue around the trim, in the body seams, etc. I clean it out with a tooth brush but it seems to just keep coming back until all the wax is gone. For this reason, I stopped using wax altogether. A good wipe-down with a chamois has kept my cars shining, although I've had some concern about the lack of protection for the paint.

After reading this post, I bought a bottle of RejeX and gave it a try. I agree with Concours98, this stuff is great! It is easy to apply, easy to wipe off, leaves absolutely no chalky residue, and the car is noticably shinier! My polo green paint now has a deep luster and the chrome (including the wheels) glistens.

My 7 year old grand daughter was over the other day and we were out in the garage getting down the Christmas decorations. She turned to me and, without any prompting on my part, said, "I love your car, Grandpa, it's so sparkley!"

I haven't had enough time to properly evaluate its longevity or water and dirt repellant qualities (although the car seems to stay pretty clean) but so far, I really like the stuff.

Thanks to Concours98 for the tip! I highly recommend the product. ;)

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

My main gripe with wax is that it leaves that chalky white residue around the trim, in the body seams, etc. I clean it out with a tooth brush but it seems to just keep coming back until all the wax is gone.

You're not using the right wax! Try stuff from The Wax Shop, called Super Glaze. Best stuff out there. It goes on thin, and doesn't dry to a powder like most of the rest do. You'll love it, I guarantee it. I get mine at Pep Boys...haven't seen it elsewhere. You can order it online, but if you have a Pep Boys nearby, check them out.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I use Meguiars polish to feed the paint and wax to seal it, and I can tell you that the finish is WAY better than not using it, the finish has a liquid feeling to it. Its important to FEED the paint IMHO... Polish and wax are different products and are used for different reasons.

Jadcock is a wise man... The Wax Shop stuff is awesome! They make 2 different kinds that work equally well. The really liquid type is best as you can soak a small terry applicator and do the whole car! And no "wax dandruff"!

I keep my car in-doors and wax it maybe once a year and everyone thinks my cars look 1/2 their age.... wish The Wax Shop would pay for this kind of advertising!

One word: ZYMOL

http://www.zymol.com

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Jadcock is a wise man... The Wax Shop stuff is awesome!  They make 2 different kinds that work equally well.  The really liquid type is best as you can soak a small terry applicator and do the whole car!  And no "wax dandruff"! 

I keep my car in-doors and wax it maybe once a year and  everyone thinks my cars look 1/2 their age.... wish The Wax Shop would pay for this kind of advertising!

My dad always used to use it when we lived in California...but we couldn't find it out east (this was a decade ago). Whenever he would take a business trip back to CA, he'd buy a case or two. Now that they've proliferated the product to some general market stores (like Pep Boys), I believe it's one of the best-kept secrets. There just is NOT a product that goes on and off easier than The Wax Shop...if there is, I haven't used it. :)

http://www.thewaxshop.com/

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I just used it again and I still think it's the best stuff I've used. It's so easy and it's one step! Matter of fact, I took my Vette in for service and one by one, the guys walked by and talked about the shine. I'm sure there are other products out there that are better, but I bet they cost more or are multi-step. Anyways, just my 2cents.

PS.........you use this stuff sparingly. I've waxed the vette twice, including the wheels and all the glass, and waxed the Deville once and my bottle is about 3/4 full.

Jeff

Jeff

98 Concours

90 Seville

04 Corvette

This thread has proved interesting to me. I realize that each wax or sealant product has a loyal and faithful following. I think I have found a good one in RejeX but I was concerned by Ed Fenwick's comment:

I have always thought that those polimer products would not let the paint breath and over time would do more harm than good! They are easy to use though.

I passed Ed's objection along to Barry Moore at X-Auto Products. I thought his response would be of interest to all of you (regardless of which product you use to protect your car's finish):

the notion that paint needs to breathe is true when the paint is very new.  when a car is being prep'ed for painting, there are lots of solvents used to clean the body.  plus, there are paint thinners added to paint to get a it to spray in a desired fashion.

after painting, these solvents need to be expelled from the paint.  this is the cure time that new paint requires.  paint shops always recommend that you not wax your car for a couple of months after a paint job.  this is because any wax will prevent the expulsion of these solvents.  RejeX also prevents this from happening.

however, after the time required to expel these solvents has past, paint has no need to breathe.  in fact, if you allow cured paint to breathe and absorb air-borne contaminants, you'll find that your paint will fail prematurely due to acids and other unwanted things getting past the paint and in contact with the body of the car, which is most likely some form of sheet metal and will rust or corrode.  the job of car paint is to protect the sheet metal from rusting.  however, most people think car paint's only job is to look nice and shiny.  the purpose of wax and other sealants (like RejeX) is to extend the life of the paint by maintaining certain oils in the paint (which prevents cracks), and to prevent acids and other damaging compounds from destroying the paint itself.  waxing/polishing paint also removes oxidation which makes paint porous and leads to paint failure, thus allowing other damage to the car's body.

so, your friend is correct, but it's only true for about 1-3 months after a new paint job.  after that, it is imperative to protect your paint (and by extension your car's body) from deterioration by waxing or using a sealant like RejeX.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you!

Chris - a.k.a. Poobah

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Archived