CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Installing Rear Spoiler w/brakelight on my 2001 ETC

post-22836-13309859351289_thumb.jpgI am planning on installing a JKS Rear Spoiler w/brakelight(PAINTED BLACK) on my 2001 Eldorado ETC. I have already "test-fitted" the spoiler on my car(IT LOOKS AWESOME!), my only problem is, I want to know how to connect the spoiler's brakelight? ANY help with this question will be GREATLY appreciated!!

post-22836-13309859351289_thumb.jpgI am planning on installing a JKS Rear Spoiler w/brakelight(PAINTED BLACK) on my 2001 Eldorado ETC. I have already "test-fitted" the spoiler on my car(IT LOOKS AWESOME!), my only problem is, I want to know how to connect the spoiler's brakelight? ANY help with this question will be GREATLY appreciated!!

Your vehicle must have what GM calls a Center High Mounted Stop Lamp (CMHSL); where is your CHMSL installed?

Based on the rear pictures of 2001 Eldorados that I have been able to find, your CHMSL must be located inside the rear window glass.

What will be required is drilling a hole in the trunk lid (yikes) and fishing the spoiler's stop lamp wire all the way to the "light blue" color wire that feeds your existing CHMSL.

If your spoiler's stop lamp is LEDs, there should be no concerns about current draw. If your spoiler's stop lamp is incandescent, you might start blowing the 20 A STOP fuse located in the underhood fuse box.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

THANKS for the RAPID REPLY! IT is an LED LIGHT on the spoiler, so I have to drill(GULP!!!) 6 Holes in the trunk lid to mount the spoiler(Wish me luck whith THAT??), where do I find the Light Blue wire?

Going to your CMHSL.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: I decided to have the Rear Spoiler installed by my mechanic! It cost me $225 to install the JKS Rear Spoiler w/LED Brakelight painted Black to match with shipping cost me $258.99 for a total price of $483.99!!...AND IT LOOKS AWESOME!! I am posting pics of my ETC with the spoiler installed...I think it looks like a "Factory Installed Option"!...I HIGHLY recommend this addition to ANYONE who owns a 1994-2002 Eldorado! SORRY?...I tried to upload pics BUT could not"File too BIG"??

:nopicssmiley:

Thanks for the tip...I will post pics IF sucessfull results with your suggestion!! :nopicssmiley:

If you need help with Photobucket... Just ask... I use it all the time.

See my thread about the NASCAR races in the 19th Hole forum... :)

Posted Image

Archived