CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Electronic Read-out about tire pressure!

candie

I am wondering, we had to replace our battery last week, got in car to use for 1st time since replacing battery and the read-out for LF tire had a few dashes, PSI followed by a few more dashes!! Husband checked tire, and added air and then took reading manually and it was fine, but electronically still had the previous reading! The other 3 tires all read properly! Being our first Cadillac and not really familiar with "fancy stuff", I am nervous! Is the car safe to drive, or would we harm it somehow? I LOVE THIS CAR!! Husband was out of work for over a year, and we live about 40 miles from nearest Cadillac Dealership, so unable to get serviced by Professional at this time!! I don't drive her "heavy", mainly city streets, grocery store, errands! I so appreciate any and all help and knowledge shared!! THANK YOU!!!

After changing the battery...The dash on the tire pressure reading is fairly normal.

I had my battery changed a couple of weeks ago, and all 4 of mine had dashes after that.

Just take it to your local tire store and ask them to do a "RELEARN" on the pressure sensors.

It won't take 'em 5 minutes to do it.

Posted Image

The program procedure is easy. I recently replaced 2 sensors on a 01 Deville and programmed all 4. hope this helps

Use a large magnet. If this procedure fails, try a magnet with greater flux density.

1) Ignition ON.

2) Press LOCK + UN-LOCK key fob buttons simultaneously until the horn chirps.

3) Starting with LF wheel, hold the magnet in contact with the valve stem

until the horn chirps. Then RF, then RR, then LR. After LR, the horn

will chirp twice to indicate the relearn was successful.

There is a timer running that allows 1 minute between wheels and

5 minutes total elapsed time.

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

After changing the battery...The dash on the tire pressure reading is fairly normal.

I had my battery changed a couple of weeks ago, and all 4 of mine had dashes after that.

Just take it to your local tire store and ask them to do a "RELEARN" on the pressure sensors.

It won't take 'em 5 minutes to do it.

THANK YOU!! I am SO GRATEFUL to have found this site and all of you helpful individuals! This Cadillac is my "baby" and so love everything about her, but, let's face it, she does have many "bells and whistles" that I never knew existed! Seems I am still discovering more of her "unique personality" every day!!! THANKS AGAIN!!

The program procedure is easy. I recently replaced 2 sensors on a 01 Deville and programmed all 4. hope this helps

Use a large magnet. If this procedure fails, try a magnet with greater flux density.

1) Ignition ON.

2) Press LOCK + UN-LOCK key fob buttons simultaneously until the horn chirps.

3) Starting with LF wheel, hold the magnet in contact with the valve stem

until the horn chirps. Then RF, then RR, then LR. After LR, the horn

will chirp twice to indicate the relearn was successful.

There is a timer running that allows 1 minute between wheels and

5 minutes total elapsed time.

THANK YOU!!! Boy, you guys are sure a God-send!!! Can you tell I am a bit "intimidated" by her "uniqueness"?? LOL!! This website is now in my list of Favorites and you guys will be the first I turn to as she and I will most likely be having other "discussions" as we travel down the road together!! Again, Thanks for reaching out with a helping hand!!

I am nervous! Is the car safe to drive, or would we harm it somehow?

Perfectly safe and you will do it or yourself no harm. One other thing you might try is to pull both battery cables and touch them together. It's kind of like a system reboot.

• 3 months later...

I tried the TPM re-learn and when I push the lock and unlock smultaneously,the horn keeps beeping and the lights flash,like the alarm is going off.Any ideas what I'm doing wrong.Iturn the key to on but dont start it,press both buttons and the horn and lights wont stop.

I tried the TPM re-learn and when I push the lock and unlock smultaneously,the horn keeps beeping and the lights flash,like the alarm is going off.Any ideas what I'm doing wrong.Iturn the key to on but dont start it,press both buttons and the horn and lights wont stop.

Press the ALARM button and the horn will stop beeping and the lights will stop flashing.

Posted Image

Dont have a specific "alarm" button.The unlock button shuts the alarm,which I pressed before starting the procedure.After starting the procedure,when I hold both buttons,the alarm goes on,if I press the unlock button it stops,but can I then continue with the procedure then?

Dont have a specific "alarm" button.The unlock button shuts the alarm,which I pressed before starting the procedure.After starting the procedure,when I hold both buttons,the alarm goes on,if I press the unlock button it stops,but can I then continue with the procedure then?

Maybe your model requires a different procedure.

On "MY" car... you start the TPMS learning sequence from the DIC.

You can also go to just about any tire place and they will know the proper procedure and they can do it in about 2 or 3 minutes.

Posted Image

I looked at a sevice bulletin at this site,related to this procedure and it seems to be the same as you describe.What do you mean by "you start the TPMS learning sequence from the DIC". Is the DIC supposed to be set to "Tire pressure info" before pushing the 2 buttons?

I looked at a sevice bulletin at this site,related to this procedure and it seems to be the same as you describe.What do you mean by "you start the TPMS learning sequence from the DIC". Is the DIC supposed to be set to "Tire pressure info" before pushing the 2 buttons?

Mine is a 2006 with different electronics...

My DIC has an option "RELEARN TIRE PRESSURE"....

I don't think yours has that.

Posted Image

Archived