CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Just another shot of Ol' Greenie...trying to get a little better at this photobucket thingy 002-1.jpglook1-1.jpg Nothing quite like having a clean car in early January :yupi3ti:

look1-1-1.jpg

Colonel Sam Drive GM HQ003-1-1.jpg I recall back in the day(no longer) the hi-level GM execs and brass had their choice of one of these or a Buick Riviera, delivered right to the office for you...Good Times huh? ;)

look1-1-1.jpg

very nice. they do shine up well. My seville is still put away for another month or so. if it wasnt it would be rusting for sure

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

very nice. they do shine up well. My seville is still put away for another month or so. if it wasnt it would be rusting for sure

Really? What areas would be at risk? I don't have a rust problem at all with my 18 year old! Oiled every Oct/Nov. ;)

look1-1-1.jpg

here in NY salt and calcium are dumped like there is no tomorrow. Even my deville shows it. The salt gets in places you wouldnt even think and just sits and rots.

To see a car around here in the shape of my Seville is almost unheard of. I wash my cars very frequently and take good care of them but it seems to be useless

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I'll say it again, LOVE your STS Scott! Cannot wait to get my 93 "base" (or, SLS?) painted with a fresh coat of black, so it shines hopefully as much as yours! :D Yes here in SE Michigan we also have the salt all over the roads. Fortunately we have had an unusually warm, dry winter so my Caddy got a break, she remains rust-free...I think she's from Texas so that's why, if she were from here she'd been in the junkyard years ago!! Thanks for posting the pics!

Really? What areas would be at risk? I don't have a rust problem at all with my 18 year old! Oiled every Oct/Nov. ;)

Scott,

What process do you use to oil your car to protect it for the winter? Is it someting you do yourself like squirting trans fluid into the bottoms of the doors or is it something that a shop does?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

It goes up on a lift and sprayed quite thoroughly underneath, and predrilled holes(3/8")in the doors and jambs,trunk lid and hood finished off with black caplugs.

look1-1-1.jpg

It goes up on a lift and sprayed quite thoroughly underneath, and predrilled holes(3/8")in the doors and jambs,trunk lid and hood finished off with black caplugs.

Do you do that yourself? What type of oil is used?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

No I have it done, The oil is called "Petro-Canada" Dripless Rust Inhibitor, He buys it in a 45 gallon drum and charges me $65...

look1-1-1.jpg

Archived