CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

dogbones

rockfangd

Hi all I am tired of my dogbone engine mounts on my Deville. Honestly they are junk. I have already replaced them but they didnt last 5000 miles. I dont want to replace them again but would love to see if there is a bushing kit for them. Even a poly bushing set.

I had the same problem with my W bodies. after replacing the originals the replacements dont last long, and I believe the originals are discontinued.

thanks all

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Have you checked your engine and transmission mounts to see if they are contributing to the premature failure of the dog bones. I have 160,000 on my 97 Deville and have only changed mine once. Where did you get them?

When I did the headgaskets on my '97 STS, the original dogbones were shot. GM's price for the dogbones were ridiculously high so I bought a set from NAPA or AutoValue - that was 62,000 miles ago and they are still fine.

I agree with Paul - check the engine and transmission mounts to see if they are bad and could be placing stress on the dogbones.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I replaced mine on my 96 and they did not wear out that fast, and I bought aftermarket parts

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I bought them on rockauto. they seem very chinsy

I replaced all 3 lower mounts just last year just in case. 2 were leaking and one was dry. given the year and mileage I changed all of them.

I also thought the GM ones were pretty pricy for the quality.

I really excercise the engine so I was fguring the torquue was tearing the bushings. When you remove the digbones the engine wont budge but under acceleration it torques alot

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

It sounds like they are wearing out extremely fast. Just a thought: if you replace the bushings with polyurethane as you mentioned, couldn't there be a risk of putting too much stress on the engine head where they are attached? Polyurethane bushings can be harder than the standard rubber ones.