CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Paranoidal Effect

adallak

I have been searching old archives and came across with this: :lol:

Hey group,.. I've come to the conclusion that reading any and ALL posts on this board might be having a paranoial effect on me. I went for a cruise in the eldo last night and when I put in the ign. key it felt like possibly the resistor pellet fell out and lodged in the switch, but no, it was ok, then, when I turned the key I thought I detected a slight whirring,like maybe my starter drive was going, but no, it's ok,when the northstar started,it seemed to be surging,but I'm not sure, as I started down the st.I thought I could detect my solinoids clicking and and the sweet smell of anti-freeze! next, I'm sure I heard the water pump and blower moter making grinding noises at the same time!! the way it rode, I'm sure all my struts are shot and dammed if I don't sense the head bolts starting to pull out the threads!! A passerby said he bet my egr ports were plugged along with the throttle body. Just then, the tensioner started to whine, and the dog bones strted to rattle,the worst part was when the heated seats stopped working...then I remembered I don't have them (whew) any way, by the time I got home I realized everything was perfect and I had just suffered a post post anxiety attack!!!!

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

LOL!!! That's funny, but true....

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Wow! So I'm not the only one? That happens to me all the time, specially when I have my wife and daughter in the car, I think I hear something and neither one of them will shut up long enough for me to try to listen to what I thought I heard.

sebring06RTP.jpg

Feel any high speed pulsing? Did you used your cooling supplement tabs today? Have you looked at the EGR tubes lately? Is that my CAT rattling? Is your antenna going done and what do you oil it with? Have you checked if both cooling fans are working? E048 again? Bump induced noise? Is that detonation again? Did you put winter air in your tires? LOL.... This board will make you a Hypochondriac but we love it.....

I have my wife and daughter in the car, I think I hear something and neither one of them will shut up long enough for me to try to listen to what I thought I heard

:lol: how long is long enough? 10 seconds? :lol:

That's sooooooooo true!

I especially feel sorry for new members as they go through the CODES stage. First they hear about codes, then they learn how to pull the codes, then they are horrified to find their car is carrying around long lists of "history" codes, unintelligable alpha-numeric gobbldy-gook that is surely a pre-cursor to some monumental repair bill that lies just ahead (even though the car seems to run perfectly well, now).

Blessed are the little old ladies (and men) who have never heard of any of this and couldn't care less. They motor around in their Cadillacs and just enjoy the ride. They have no idea what a torque converter clutch is and whether it's engaging properly or not is of no concern whatsoever!

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

I might have too much confience in sound engineering and tend to go the other way.

For sure, when I rode a motorcycle in sun/shine and rain/snow - it was cranked hard (10-11,000-rpm shifts daily) and "put up wet".

Every car I have driven gets no quarter, yet seems to run just fine. Maybe its either that - or its done for.

I might clean it up and will probably do oil changes and infrequent long-term stuff like even change plugs after 80,000-miles or so. But I'm probably guilty of both expecting and getting too much out of mere equipment.

I'll cut people some slack - but not hardware.

Can't here anything anyway at 90 on dirt and gravel roads - if it was complaning...

True enough topic for most thoguh I'm sure. :)

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

I remember that post. I still think about it now and then, and have to chuckle. I think that is the exact reason I started thinking trany or TCC when my engine developed the misfire I am still dealing with.

It's like reading medical encyclopedia... You suddenly find out you have got all the symptoms mentioned! :lol:

I used to work at a laser surgery laboratory and HAD TO deal with doctors (I am not one), and the only useful thing I learned from them was: If nothing aches - you are most likely dead! :D

In that situation, my remaining 18k of factory warranty gives me a lot of confidence; but what do I do in a year when I hit 100K? :blink:

My 96 SLS always made me paranoid, being as complicated (sophisticated?) as it is; I always wished secretly it had a 350 Chevy with rear wheel drive, but was a Cadillac....love the looks, but not the high tech....I can live with lower tech in exchange for simplicity. NOT end of story.....I got my wish!!! Read on....

Bought a 95 Fleetwood! Not as good looking as the Seville, but an Impala SS in a tuxedo! Love the white whale, named and tagged as Mr. Moby, PLUS I have the sleek black Seville when I feel not paranoid! Tons of parts available, Impala SS and 9C1 (Caprice police car) parts. Moby now sports SS springs, HO sway bars, Bilstein police shocks, etc. Handles llike a 3400 lb. car and not its 4400 pounds, for under $1000.

Do what I did....turn the paranoia into another Cadillac! The perfect answer!

The Roadies are nice too, of course. After doing the suspension work, which took a total of only 3 hours of easy driveway work, the improvment in handling is noteworthy. The Fleetwood sits 1 1/2 inches lower with the Impala SS springs also, which is neat.

Archived