CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2012 SRX

Right after the first year we are going to look at a new fully loaded SRX. Wife has this thing about buying Premium fuel therefore what is the top of the line we can get without Premium fuel? We will be trading a 2008 STS V-6 RWD that is pretty much fully loaded therefore we want a SRX that is comprable. Does the SRX have the memory steering wheel and seats for Driver 1 and 2 ? I did read it has heating steering wheel! which is a big plus.

I have watched a couple of Motorweek video's and they seem to indicate that the real world mileage is not close to the EPA rating. This is of major concern

Any recommendations or comments are appreciated.

Thanks and Happy New Year

....I have watched a couple of Motorweek video's and they seem to indicate that the real world mileage is not close to the EPA rating. This is of major concern

Any recommendations or comments are appreciated.

Since the EPA revised their MPG standards several (10?) years ago, the new-car sticker MPG #s are very optimistic and should only be used as a 'guide' when comparing one new vehicle to another new vehicle. Real world fuel economy comparisons depend on far too many variables to be useful; you get what you get.

A few thoughts on the fuel octane issue. Modern gasoline engines all have "knock" sensors and that sensor output value is used by the PCM to retard ignition timing to prevent the knock (or ping).

At today's retail prices, 93 octane fuel costs ~~10% more than 87 octane fuel. IF your engine delivers ~~10% better fuel economy with 93 octane compared to 87 octane, the fuel cost per mile is a push.

Any "engine performance" difference between the two fuels will not be "felt" by 95% of the motoring public.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Just a quick comment for what it might be worth... or not...

I drove a 2011 Premium SRX for 4 days a few months ago while my DTS was having some work done to it.

It had the 3 liter engine not the 3.6 liter.

It had the ultraview sunroof... backup camera... NAV Traffic... XM radio... rear seat entertainment system... etc..etc..

Wife and I took a little 250+ mile trip just to see if we would like it.

We didn't really have any destination in mind... just took off down the road and made a big circle to the west of Fort Worth before coming back home.

We drove it pretty easy... very seldom above 70.

I filled it up before we left and when we got back... at the same station and at the same gas pump.

It averaged a little over 23 on the trip.

I wasn't impressed at all.

I think the higher HP 3.6 liter would probably get "AT LEAST" as good of mileage, plus it would run better.

With the 3 liter engine, it seemed WAY UNDERPOWERED... or at least to me it did.

Just my opinion...

Posted Image

Archived