CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

-97 sts vaacum hose

Caddymange

P0325 PCM Knock Sensor Circuit

B1552 Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Error

B1971 Inadvertent Power

B2550 Storage Mode Entered (Backup Lamps Control Circuit)

B1740 Driver Seat Front Down Switch Circuit Malfunction

B2560 Remote Keyless Entry Message Validation Error

B2114 Unknown power seat code; probably B2119

B2119 Lumbar Forward/Aft Sensor Failed

B2120 Lumbar Up/Down Sensor Failed

CURRENT

B2719 CTD-Trunk Tamper Switch Fault

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

B1552 Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Error

B1971 Inadvertent Power

B2550 Storage Mode Entered (Backup Lamps Control Circuit)

So what does these 3 codes mean? The other on the driver seat must be connection fault. Lack of communication at some times.

But maybe these can privide some thoughts?

The B1552 means that the battery has been disconnected in the last couple of months. The B1971 means that the "inadvertent power" was not there when it was supposed to be there, or was there when it was *not* supposed to be there. The B2550 means that the car sat for more than two weeks, and either entered the storage mode on its own or was put in the storage mode by a tech.

Inadvertent power is one of three accessory power lines that are controlled by relays. These relays are operated by the PZM. I believe that it goes off about ten minutes after the key is turned off, but it doesn't go off when the door is opened, and it comes on when a door is opened with the key off. The others are RAP (retained accessory power, which operates the radio, and turns off either ten minutes after the key is turned off or when you open a door, whichever comes first. The other is the headlight power.

You can get a B1971 if the 10 Amp Mirror Fuse or the 50 Amp INDVERT fuse is out, or if the Inadvertent Power Relay is bad. See pages 8A-10-10 and 8A-51-1 of the 1997 FSM for schematics for that model year. Inadvertent power supplies the interior lamps and the cigar lighter (your GPS or phone charger?).

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived